“TOP REVIEW: Great Hotel, Wonderful Stay, Clean Room, Great Breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ada

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ada
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Ada, Oklahoma
“TOP REVIEW: Great Hotel, Wonderful Stay, Clean Room, Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

First - I've seen others say that they couldn't close the curtains. There are "blinders" behind the sheers that pull completely closed. We almost made the mistake of not finding them, but called the front desk & they told us they were just behind the sheers.

On to the review!

Check In
Check in was great. Even though the hotel stays full and was full at this time due to an ice storm, we checked in quickly!

Pool
Pool was wonderful. Quiet & away from the rooms. Indoor.

Breakfast
Plentiful! Omelets, bagels, muffins, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereals, juice, etc, etc, etc. Clean eating area. Well staffed & stocked.

Room
The room was wonderful. HUGE. I could not believe the size. My husband & I usually stay in Marriotts, Hiltons, etc., but this was bigger than most of those rooms. Cleaner. Well taken care of. We had a bathroom, mini kitchen area with wet bar, sofa, desk, flat screen TV, king sized bed, chair & mirrored closet. Bed was comfortable with 2 firm pillows & 2 soft pillows. Large bathroom area. See my pictures.

Location
Great. Walking distance from shopping & dining.

Price
No complaints! They even had a winter deal where you could show your card at Rib Crib (across the street) and get 10% off your meal and show you card at the movie theater (across the street) and get a matinee price for a night show.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank AnOkieTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ada, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2010

i had to go there with my husband and 4month old child due to the ice storm knocking our power out. it was way overpriced and the service was not pleasant at all. the room seemed ok at first but the bed had a really odd smell, kind of a moldy smell. we also couldnt sleep because the bright a$$ security light was right outside our window. we couldnt close the thick curtains they only went so far. also the check out time is supposed to be 11a.m. well the housekeeper came knocking on my door like a crazy person around 10:30 waking my daughter up from her morning nap (which she got really cranky and mad and you know how a little one can get sometimes) saying "sry but im supposed to make sure everybody has thier stuff packed at this time and ready to go". i told her i didnt have anything packed yet and that from what i understood i still had 30mins to do so. i then shut the door so i calm my daughter down she was being as loud as she could. but calming her down didnt happen. 5mins after i had shut the door the housekeeper was back with a manager (im guessing) and she said "u need to have ur stuff packed now and leave because we have ppl waiting for this specific room". i was like its not even 11 yet and my husband wont be here from work until about 11 to pick us up. she replied "well im sry i know its not check out time but these ppl have been waiting and we need it clean right away so u can just take ur stuff and wait downstairs or outside". it kinda made me madd i snapped back telling her its snowing outside, its colde, my 4month old is pissed off right now and ur telling me that even tho i paid 100$ to stay here until 11 u are kicking me out early because theres ppl waiting for this specific room when the ones beside me and across are empty? all she said after that was leave or pay a monthly membership to stay until the normal checkout time. i was mad mad mad. but of course i had to get all of my stuff and wait in the lobby with my daughter who just didnt want to calm down from anything. oh yeah and during that time their supposed to have the 'free' breakfast. i tried to get a little somethin to eat but a worker there came up to me and told me that was only for the guests and i couldnt have any since i just got forced out of my room which made me no longer a guest.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mrs_jackson83
Wrightwood, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2008

This hotel is way overpriced but really the only decent place to stay in Ada. The rooms feature a flat screen TV and a small wet bar. Internet is free as is the continental breakfast.

• Liked — Free internet
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2008

typical HI Express, I booked it based on other reviews, after staying and reading the reviews again, I suspect some or most where written by the employee's or owner, when I re-thought about terms as price point.

I travel two or three days per week and cover Oklahoma and most of Texas. I personally find Holiday Inn nice, but not worth the money or as mentioned price point. If you want new, this property is it, however you will pay about $30.00 more that any place else and not near what the room is worth.

• Liked — it was new
  • Disliked — very pricey and over valued
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank digimanoktx
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2008

My son and I were traveling from Austin, Texas to Tulsa, Oklahoma last month. And since it's such a long drive we made arrangements to stop in Ada for some much needed sleep. We arrived pretty late in the night and to my suprise the front desk attendant was very much awake and offered my son and I something to eat and drink. It was even brought up to our room. The room was very spacious! Very clean. My son says the beds were awesome ( since he's a big kid this is a plus). The next morning we had the breakfast MMM delicious!. The checkout was a breeze. Thumbs up from us and we'll be back soon.

• Liked — the awesome beds
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Marlow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2008

I loved this hotel. With it begin less than a year old, I still felt like everything was brand new. The beds were clean and very tall, which I like. And the terry linen was so cush. I really enjoyed the full length mirrors as closet doors, something I've tried to fit in my travel bag for years... The staff at the hotel was more than accomidating and even had a mending kit for my shirt button. There is a strip mall across the road and a Starbucks! The hot breakfast was a nice touch for my morning and they served coffee 24 hours. Wireless internet and HBO kept me company in the small area. Everything was awesome and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed March 2008
Sooner State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2008

This is a great hotel! It is very clean. The rooms are large for a hotel in this price point. The rates are reasonable. The staff is very friendly, professional and helpful. Great breakfast, too! The kids loved the flat screen TV.

The only possible negative for some people is that the pool is tiny. When there's an event in town that brings a lot of kids to Ada, the pool is WAY too crowded.

We'll stay here every time we're in town!

• Liked — The room was spotless!
  • Disliked — The pool was tiny.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family