“Great burgers and friendly service”
Review of Hamburger King - CLOSED

Hamburger King
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you're looking for a great burger and friendly service in Ada, this is the place. Only problem is that it closes at 2 pm.

There are newer reviews for Hamburger King

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here for sentimental reasons and left loving the food. I think the waitresses are the friendliest I've seen in a long time. Very good Cheese Burger. The fries are awesome and the onion rings are good too.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

great burgers, smell sticks to you all day long, i can only stand to eat there if i get it to go.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

On a weekend trip and ended up in Ada on the way home. Found the Hamburger King by chance. Ordered the double burger with fries basket for $6. It was huge and delicious. A little on the greasy side which is exactly what I wanted. Real french fries not frozen. A great experience with the staff who were friendly.

1  Thank beccad049
Reviewed September 27, 2008

I drove close to a hundred miles to experience what I was led to believe by other reviewers was a special "old fashioned" greasy hamburger at the Hamburger King in Shawnee, OK. I was sorely disappointed when I took my first bite and realized that it was not much different in taste, texture and quality than a Sonic hamburger which I could have gotten at a dozen places on the way to Hamburger King. The meat was thin like Sonic's. The onions were what I call "skunky" because they had that day old smell and taste. Hamburger joints need to chop a fresh onion every hour or so to maintain the true fresh flavor. A food processsor would do a quick, fantastic job of this. But every place I know seems to have day old chopped onions on their burgers which is gross. Fresh makes all the difference. And I don't know what is wrong with hamburger meat these days. It is not the same as it was 20 years ago. It has no flavor. I think every burger joint out there must get their meat from the same wholesale conglomerate in the form of frozen pre-formed patties because they all taste the same and have the same rubbery texture. There is no development of the flavor by caramelizing the natural sugars in the meat or maybe there aren't any sugars in the meat anymore. I know that most cattle that are processed for meat are deprived of grazing on grass and that deprives their meat of essential vitamiins and nutrients that God intended they have for us. Unless a cow grazes on grass all it's life before being butchered for meat, it will not have enough of an essential fatty acid called CLA or conjugated linoleic acid which, when consumed by humans, is used by our bodies to reduce fat storage. At least, that's what I've read somewhere before. All I know is that I can't find a good, juicy, flavorful hamburger anywhere anymore. And that makes me very sad.

5  Thank Dewey927