“Unpleasant smells”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ada
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay with my first being last January. I stayed in room 300 and there was definitely a sour, mildewy odor in the room. I was hoping it was not pet urine in the carpets. The hallways on the 3rd floor smelled strongly of cigarette smoke all the time but fortunately not my room. I might suggest improving the sausage gravy. It had almost no sausage in it and was runny like milk. I hope there can be some improvements made because I would like to continue returning to this new hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel was a perfect place to stay at the end of a very long day's driving! What more can you ask! Quiet, welcoming, clean, pleasant. First stay at a La Quinta and I was impressed. It's also close to restaurants and the main road through Ada.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelwriterBoston
RONNIE G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ada, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience at your first La Quinta! All of us here at Ada La Quinta try our hardest to ensure a wonderful stay! Thank you, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I would recommend this place to everyone in the area! We had reservations for one night and decided to stay another. They were very accommodating and helped ,y family in several rooms stay an extra night!,, the breakfast was the best I've ever had at a hotel!!!
If in the area, please stay here!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DLBrown33
RONNIE G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ada, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

We are very delighted to hear that you had pleasant stay with us and your king words for all of us here. This is what keeps us going. please come stay with us again when in area, thank you from all of us here at Ada LaQuinta.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Staff is awesome, we arrived at 1 am, exhausted, and Gayle at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and personable. Paula, who helps with breakfast, is wonderful, and so is the breakfast! You can tell that Gayle and Paula both love helping people, which greatly enhances staying at this La Quinta. The rooms were large and clean, and the beds very comfortable. I used to stay at a different hotel when visiting Ada, but decided to try La Quinta based on the reviews and the lower price. I am so glad I did, this is my new home away from home when visiting Ada; thank you staff and management for providing such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
RONNIE G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ada, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest:
thank you for your kind words. it means alot to all of us here. Gayle and Paula are specialy very exited because folks don't always recognize night auditor and breakfast attandant. Thank you again will see you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice rooms, very friendly staff, good breakfast, good internet, quiet location. Seems a little overpriced for Ada, but there's an oil boom in the area and the occupancy seemed to be pretty high. 10% discount for AAA.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cabojack

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind words and glad to know that your stay was enjoyable.see you soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Johnson, Kansas, USA
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Probably the cleanest hotel I ever stayed in. The staff was friendly, efficient and courteous.

I have stayed there a number of times and have always been equally pleased.

I would highly recommend this motel to anyone. They obviously put a lot of effort into providing a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We traveled to Ada Okla over the weekend to attend the 49th annual Gospel Singing in Konowa Okla. We stayed at Laquinta inn there in Ada 3 nights. The Staff was great, the breakfast was great, BUT the rooms have no insulation between the walls. The first night we got no sleep, due to the neighbors playing TV wide open all night long. Doors slamming etc. The second night was good, because we had no neighbor in that room. Third Night was sleepless again due to the noise from the neighboring room. They really need to insulate the interior walls. If sleep is not important to you then I recommend this hotel. Otherwise I would not.

Room Tip: If you require peace and quiet look elsewhere, due to no insulation between rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deb7sisters
RONNIE G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ada, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

we like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and i am happy to hear you had good stay exept the noice from other room. I like to apologize to you and assure you that we will look in to insulating walls more. they are up to the standard ; I will talk to contractors to see if some thing can be done about it. Thank you for letting us know and hope to see you again