“paper walls”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Sherman, Texas
“paper walls”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We traveled to Ada Okla over the weekend to attend the 49th annual Gospel Singing in Konowa Okla. We stayed at Laquinta inn there in Ada 3 nights. The Staff was great, the breakfast was great, BUT the rooms have no insulation between the walls. The first night we got no sleep, due to the neighbors playing TV wide open all night long. Doors slamming etc. The second night was good, because we had no neighbor in that room. Third Night was sleepless again due to the noise from the neighboring room. They really need to insulate the interior walls. If sleep is not important to you then I recommend this hotel. Otherwise I would not.

Room Tip: If you require peace and quiet look elsewhere, due to no insulation between rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank deb7sisters
RONNIE G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ada, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
we like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and i am happy to hear you had good stay exept the noice from other room. I like to apologize to you and assure you that we will look in to insulating walls more. they are up to the standard ; I will talk to contractors to see if some thing can be done about it. Thank you for letting us know and hope to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

From my call to the hotel to make our reservations until we checked out....we were not disappointed. It was our first stay in a LaQuinta we usually stay in Hilton or Marriot properties but there was little choice in Ada. Pearl took my reservation over the phone. She was friendly and efficient and found a good discount rate for me. I think this property is only three years old under the present management. Our room was very clean. They want to conserve energy so they leave a little sign in your room to place on the bed if you want the linens changed otherwise they will make up the bed with the same linens. The people that were cleaning the rooms on our floor were extremely friendly and did a good job. I spoke with the Manager Ronnie Gandhi and he was very interested in the welfare and comfort of his guests. His employees spoke highly of him. I also met Mark the Quality Control person. He goes into the rooms before new guests arrive and checks the room behind housekeeping. He said sometime when they get slammed housekeeping have to get more rooms ready by check-in and may miss something. Ronnie said they want to make sure there are no little hairs left in the room....that seems to be the top issue with most guests everywhere. There were none that I could see in our room. The only small issue I had was I have allergies and I could smell dust and it bothered my allergy. There was no dust on the furniture so I could only surmise that it was the carpeting or maybe the air conditioner filter so the next day I asked that they vacuum extra thoroughly. It may have been dust in the corners. When we retired for the night dust didn't bother me. They impressed me that they wanted to have happy guests and other guests I spoke with were very pleased. So over all....room and bathroom were very clean, mattress and pillows very comfortable, large screen TV, WIFI, small fridge and microwave. Our room was on the third floor as per other Trip Advisor tips. We were right across from the stairs which we preferred for exercise over the elevator...it was very quiet. I think we were the last (end) room on that floor. Breakfast was very generous with a variety to please many tastes and appetites. The waffles (you make with waffle maker) were delicious, there was also bacon and scrambled eggs, cereal, different breads like bagels, etc., yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, milk. Breakfast is 8 - 10 on week-ends and I think it was 7 - 9 on week days. They have a nice outdoor pool and hot tub. We didn't have time to use them because we were visiting family and spent most time with them but I walked around the hotel in the evening and there was always adults and children enjoying it. The week-end we were there the hotel was 100% full. They are in a good location to town. I don't remember the names of the young woman and man that worked the desk but they were also very friendly and accommodating. There is not much in Ada but if you go you won't be disappointed with the LaQuinta and Ronnie and his staff. He wants to know if anything is wrong so he can take care of it...with that attitude he will keep his return guests.

Room Tip: If you like fresh air in your room there are four rooms that have a window that opens (circulate air...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RONNIE G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ada, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hello, Joey

I am very please that you had pleasant stay with us and would like to thank you for your great review, if i be honest i almost have tears in my eyes when reading this great comment for my staff and my self. This is what keeps me going. i simply do not have any word but to say"THANK YOU". and we are 'here for you'.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hotel was clean and staff was very helpful. Our daughter left hr ipad in the room after we checked out and left. Once realized we called back to hotel and staff had already found it and placed it up front for us to come get. One teenager would have been very sad without that and made for a very long trip ride home.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Weatherford, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is priced right and in a great location! If you have handicap accessibility needs like raised beds , grab bars this is the place to stay! The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very inviting.

1 Thank lisabE4060ZS
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Management was very accommodating. They were nice and helpful. They got me enrolled in a program that earns me the most rewards. The place was immaculate. I had a great nights sleep. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo