“Needs to try Harder”
Review of Vintage House Cafe - CLOSED

Vintage House Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Quaint Bistro Dinning Experience Serving Lunch Dinner and Sunday Brunch. Offer Events such as Wine Tastings and High Tea. Cottage Garden Patio Seating weather permitting. Restaurant with Tearoom and Gift Shop
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Needs to change with times. I've been eating this food for the last 50 years.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Wanted to give this place a try for awhile - we were shopping at Avon Commons and thought - lets give it a whirl. Sort of cut concept - teas, little gift shop. We went at 1 p.m. on a Sunday. They have a brunch - there were two other tables dining - that was it. That scared me a bit - but though - eh - try it anyway. Sorry we did and we won't go back. We ordered off the menu vs. the buffet. We both had a salad. I had the salmon salad - $13.00 - supposed to be a lime or lemon somthing salmon salad - the salmon was fatty, cheap piece of fish. The toppings on the salad were cheap, minimal and tasteless - the lettuce itself tasted like "dirt" with every other bite. Service was good - but ate less than half of my salad - the owner came over and asked me if I wanted to take it home - I said no thank you - she asked if I like it - I commented with a mono tone response "it was alright" and she walked away with my plate - not another word. Super expensive for the quality. The tables were like cheap diner tables. For the prices they charge - the food should be WAY better and the atmosphere should promote a more comfortable tone. I could have the same flavor food from Denny's. Won't be returning.

2  Thank Sheri P
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My Mom was dying to try this place--just the name sounded so cute and it is close to many shops, so it was a perfect choice for our afternoon. The building itself has ample parking and the facility is very cute--girlie decorations, pretty accessories, and a nice menu. We were surprised at how much the food cost, however. We went for lunch and I felt like I could only get certain things. It wasn't outrageous, but it was certainly more than what we had thought it would be. The service was good, at the time we went there were only three other parties dining. Overall, a nice place, but we will not go back again unless they had a stellar coupon or something.