“Traffic bad”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Avon
Bloomingdale, Ohio
“Traffic bad”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Nice hotel but the traffic outside was a nightmare during the workday. Room was wonderful. We love doors that close to separate the bedroom from the living room. Staff was friendly and breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review here on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Your feedback on the current traffic situation is especially appreciated as we are preparing our Hotel for construction the city will be preforming in the next couple of months. We are working diligently to find more effective routes for our guest. Also I will pass on the nice comment regarding our front desk and breakfast. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Thank you for your time.

Kindest Regards
Terresita Howard
Fairfield Inn and Suites Avon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kansas
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were part of a wedding reservation the weekend of February 7. The rooms were nice and clean. We had requested towels for 4, but only received 3 sets. It was no problem to ask for more towels at the desk. We also had to get another roll of toilet paper because it was running low in our bathroom. There were enough plug ins to handle all of our electronic paraphanalia as well. Our family met together and visited downstairs in the eating area, which has a couch and two chairs in front of a glass fireplace and flatscreen TV. We watched the opening of the Olympics together as we ate our take out meals. Enjoyed the gentleman at the front desk who visited with us as well! I would definitely stay here again. We felt safe, taken care of in a nice clean setting!

Room Tip: We stayed on the south side, third floor. Very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Raebee
Burrton
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Room Tip: We stayed on the south end, 3rd floor and it was very quiet. No street noise at all!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed at Fairfield Inn, and I'm not sure why I keep giving Marriott's Fairfield a try. If it wasn't for the fact that it was late, on a Saturday night when I checked in, I may have driven to downtown Cleveland to find another hotel. Room I requested/booked wasn't available, was given a 2 bed room on 1st floor. Toilet made a LOUD noise for 2 minutes after a flush. Towels could use replacement and I'm not going to even come close to explaining how they need to replace the beds.
Breakfast was about average, right off the lobby. Which I would expect the hotel staff to come tell the children's parents to stop your kids from running around tables screaming, but that didn't happen.
Only reason I'm not giving them a Terrible, the price.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, maybe a little bit of a drive back to Avon, but it will be worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BPW1970
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn with some family members, due to proximity for Oberlin college. Both rooms were adequate, but the lighting was somewhat poor. Also, the seating was a bit awkward. The ottoman was easily tipped over. The pillows were definitely past their prime. One room had some plumbing issues, which were resolved fairly quickly. The breakfast was about what you would expect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I usually do not stay in Fairfield Inn's, but I am pretty loyal to the Marriiott brand. I go to the West Side for buisness and the usual Courtyards were booked during this trip. This hotel was priced the same as Courtyard so I tried it. I won't stay there again. First, it was hard to find once you got off the highway. Very visable, but couldn't find the route to get there. The lobby is nice and the front desk person was friendly, but not welcoming. The room was disappointing. The restroom shower grout was moldy and the room did not smell fresh. It had the usual immenities - small work out room and pool. There was a small outside sitting area that I did enjoy. There is a restaurant "Wine and Wood" next door that I didn't try as there were just 3 cars in the parking lot at 6 pm. All other restaurants are 5-10 minute drive away. They must have problems with the type of guest because this is the first time I have ever seen a placard in the room that says: All items in the room are inventoried. If you choose to take anything, it will be charged to your room. Then it listed prices from bedding and pillows to TV remotes. Didn't make me feel very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nancy S
Columbus, OH
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed in room 211 for one night for business and I will add this to my personal banned list. I typically stay at Marriott properties whenever possible but next time I will stay elsewhere in Avon, OH.
-Stayed in a room with a king bed and the sheets did not fit the bed. The sheets were too small so they kept falling off and I woke up on the mattress pad. Ouch!
-The dark blue bed skirt visibly had a dried white bodily fluid dripping down. I can't help but to use my imagination of what it is.
-Shower had mold all over the place in the grout cracks.
-You can hear every step from the per person staying in the room above because the hotel floors are hollow.

If it is any consolation, the lobby is nice and front desk folks are helpful.

Room Tip: Get a high floor because you can hear people above you walk around.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland
Residence Inn Cleveland Avon at The Emerald Event Center
Hampton Inn Cleveland Westlake
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cleveland West - Westlake
DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Westlake

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon? Share your experiences!