“Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland - Avon, OH”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Avon
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland - Avon, OH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

At my recent stay at this hotel I found the hotel to be very clean and inviting. The amenities an decor were very good. The continental breakfast was very good also. What made the stay the most pleasureable was the staff. Namely a gentleman by the name of Ren. He went out of his way to help with directions to local business's and help with me a few extra things at the hotel. All the satff was great but I believe Ren went above and beyond while I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the excellent comments. I agree Ren does a very good job for us and always tries to go above and beyond for all our guests. We truly appreciate you and all our guests that take the time to review our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us. -Mike G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is one of the nicer Fairfield's I have stayed in. The property appears to be relatively new. Room was a decent size and comfortable. It was clean and the staff was friendly.

A couple of issues. First, there is no "store/pantry/basics" area. So if you forgot something or wanted to buy a snack your only option is a vending machine. Second, getting onto the property is a bit of a challenge during rush hour. The main road is a two lane road that seems a little overwhelmed for the traffic. So making a left hand turn into the hotel's driveway can be a challenge. Third, the walls are thin. I've stayed at a lot of hotels, so I realize that sound travels. However, when someone in a nearby room turned on his or her bathtub, I knew it. Not only did I know it, I knew if they were adjusting the hot or cold water. Lucky for me they decided to take a tub at a decent hour.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank xy223yz
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Avon, Ohio. I agree the entrance can be busy at times but we appreciate your patience and we are glad you made it and stayed with us. If you come stay with us again, please see the front desk if you have forgotten something as we do stock many complimentary items which we would be glad to share with you as well. I apologize there was noise in the room next door. I will forward your comments regarding the temperature to the maintenance department for resolution. Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you again real soon. Mike G.M.
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel does everything right. Service is warm and accommodating- ask and you shall receive. Every request is met with a smile from Laura who is excellent at the front desk. Rooms are comfortable and smartly layed out to include everything you might need. Excellent beds, quiet too. Prices are reasonable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I really appreciate you taking time to say such nice things especially regarding Laura. I will be sure to pass them along to her and the rest of my staff. Again, we appreciate your business as well as your kind words. Thank You... Mike G.M.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

stayed (1) night on Saturday Sept. 15th for a wedding and had a pleasant stay. The property is kept clean and looks modern inside. The service from the staff was great as they met all our needs. The room was comfortable,clean, and updated. There was a nice size indoor pool and hot tube as well. Breakfast the next morning offered many selections including make your own waffles which were very tasty. Would reccomend this hotel to all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Turk182
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for your positive review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites in Avon. I appreciate the nice things you said regarding the property and staff. Please come back and see us again real soon. Thanks again, Mike G.M.
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

For an overnight stay, this motel was fine. Check-in was efficient and the service was friendly. The lobby area is attractive and well kept. There is an interesting semi-private area to the side which could be used by small groups.

The breakfast area was nicely laid out, with plugs and seating areas for those with computers. However, no effort is made to use environmentally friendly disposable dishware. It would be so simple for corporations to set a good example in this regard, especially if they go on and on about how friendly they are to the environment by not changing your bedding every night. That practice obviously directly affects their bottom line most of all. Recycle bins, properly used, emptied and disposed of, would be a visual reminder to everyone. Yes, this lack of corporate responsibility is a pet peeve of mine, and Fairfield Inn is no better and no worse than most others. Where is the leadership?

Breakfast itself was pretty typical. Surely everyone could find enough for an adequate breakfast. Among the offerings were Yoplait yogurt, junk cold cereal, hot oatmeal, muffins, bagels, croissants, pastry, milk (some beyond the expiration date), coffee, juice, hard boiled eggs, Jimmie Dean breakfast sandwiches, pancake-wrapped sausage on a stick (a first for me!).

The room itself was fine, small but adequate for one night. It was clean and well stocked. The bed and linens were o.k.

There was no night light in the bathroom, however, an issue if one needs to get up in the night. The towels smelled of chlorine and the water was discolored. When I asked the next morning if the discoloration was due to the drought, I was told, no, that's just the way it is because or previous mining in the area. I was assured that water testing is done regularly. A sign to that effect in the rooms would have been appropriate.

Bottom line: We had a good night's rest and were ready to move on the next day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VirginiaPeregrinator
LakeErieHotels, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments and GOOD suggestions. We will take them seriously as we are always trying to make improvements. Mike G.M
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

the hotel is comfortable, clean and well appointed. Everything was fine until the following morning when I went to take a shower and found much too much mold along the grout/silicon seal between the wall of the shower and the tub. That spoiled it for me.
Included is a free breakfast - juice,coffee, rolls cereal etc which was quite nice - but I kept thinking of the mold.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Smithsburg, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My 3 person family stayed for two nights. We booked for a standard room but asked for a mini-fridge. Upon check-in I was told that you have to book a suite (minimum $30 more per night) to have a mini-fridge. The front desk apologized for the miscommunication and upgraded us to a king suite at no cost. It was great for a weekend stay. Breakfast wasn't much...juice, danishes, perhaps homemade doughnuts? Also oatmeal and a microwave where you could nuke a breakfast sandwich. A few pieces of fruit and of course coffee. Clean and accommodating. Would stay again as we are planning to visit Avon at least twice a year. Also, everyone was very polite, friendly and sweet to my little girl. I did not use the pool. It was small but my little one and fiancee enjoyed it.

Room Tip: The view of rooms in the back is a pleasant wooded area. We had a corner room which was quieter acco...