“Nice Place”
Review of Strip Steakhouse

Strip Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Strip Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East of Rt. 611
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I loved the decor, very nice place. The service was ok. The food presentation was good. Just a few little moves and this place would be absolutely outstanding. Food was pretty good. The small steak I had could have been seasoned a bit better but overall it was good. The salad was actually too fancy lol, just give me some romain and save the weeds for someone else. Tomatos and onions are nice too. Price is comparable to Hyde Park, maybe worse. If they would be a little more reasonable price wise their return business would double. Nosebleed alert. A once in a while place for me.

There are newer reviews for Strip Steakhouse

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took my husband here for his birthday and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere is awesome and the food was beyond our expectations. He had the cowboy steak and I had the skinny pasta dish...each was awesome! You have to get the monkey bread for dessert...so good! The service was fantastic. It's a little pricy but so worth it...a great experience!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I are new to Avon (moved here from New Mexico) and we went out with another couple that we have met who moved here from New Zealand. Do not let the outside fool you. It is an old barn but the inside is very well decorated and trendy. The service, food & drinks were great!!! I would suggest getting the dinner for 2 and upgrading the steak from a 6 oz to a 12 oz. On the dinner for two you both get soup or salad, a 6 oz filet mignon (upgrade to the 12oz for $10 more), pick two sides which are HUGE (lobster pasta and spinach I highly recommend) and then you get a dessert. I just moved here from beef country and the steaks here are outstanding!!! If anyone is familiar with Bull Ring Steakhouse in Santa Fe, NM, I would compare the Strip Steakhouse to that. All in all we will go back again!! A definite must recommend to anyone!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I tried Strip the first time for our anniversary dinner. There were lots of choices on the menu, I went for the filet. It was not the best filet I've had (see my review for Sinatra's at the Encore, Las Vegas) but the best in town for sure. I had a very good cocktail, Mango something.

There aren't many tables inside, I recommend a reservation. The upstairs overlooks the kitchen and you can watch the food being prepped.

Everything is a la carte. I tried a spinach salad that I got to watch be prepared, very tasty. The sides are large enough to share. I believe I had the 12oz filet, and it was tough to eat it all. I wish there was an 8oz, that would be perfect. Next time I'll get the 6oz so I have room for the desserts that looked great. They also offer a dinner for 2 with filets, salads, and sides.

It is quite pricey, but the quality is worth it. We'll definitely be back for another special occasion. But this will not be a restaurant we'll be able to frequent.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our third and I think our final visit to Strip Steakhouse. We had visited twice since it had opened. What kept us from returning was the fact that it seemed to be still trying to get organized with the food and service and for the prices... it needed work. We met another couple on a Sunday evening and wanted to have cocktails on there beautiful patio before dinner at 7. the bartender said to check in with the hostess which we did and were seated outside. We were told when checking in that the kitchen closed at 8 which I thought was strange because if you have an 7 reservation the kitchen should stay open for you guests no matter what.Strike 1. We did not get a server for 15 minutes so my husband and guest went up to the bar for our drinks. Strike two... we all ordered steaks promptly at 745 but when the food came our guest did not receive her steak the server forgot to put it in . My steak was good but could have been a lot warmer. I did not complain because at least I got my steak. Luckily her husbands steak was large enough to share.The server apologized and gave them a complimentary dessert.My husband and I spent 325.00 for two steaks (his was the caveman for 60.00, two bottles of wine$$ , desserts and tip. Wow! I thought I could have gone to Chez Francois and had better service and two dinner experiences for that cost. Sorry Strip won't see me back.
What brings me back is the service first!!!, then the food, then the value.

Been to Strip Steakhouse? Share your experiences!