“worst dining experience of my life”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Youngstown, Ohio
“worst dining experience of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Having never been there I thought that I was treating the family to a nice dinner .The service was horrible ,The food expensive compared to like restaurants ,I ordered the $18 walleye that was raw ,I was told that the macncheese was home made it was it was alfredo sauce that tasted as if it came from the grocery shelf and they covered raw penne noodles with the sauce .My daughter ordered the southwestern salmon that was overcooked and tasted like cardboard ,the Prime rib was covered in onions ? the prime rib quality was unlike any we had had before and we travel and dine across the country , the salad was brought without the requested bread which they were very stingy with for 6 people .The only thing that I could tolerate was the bread and they had to be asked to bring enough to serve a piece to all of our 6 diners . The waitresses seemed to have never worked as servers before although I did inform them that I did not blame them for the poor food quality .I spoke to the manager to inform her that the food was sent back as inedible and I didn't expect to have to pay for it nor the accompanying possible salmonella poisoning .I did pay for the slightly less than mediocre so called prime rib smothered in onions of which I have never experienced prime rib ruined with onions .The only thing that was good was the bread which you have to repeatedly beg for and the waitress explained that she had to bake it herself so it took a great deal of time to receive it .In summary the bread and the soft drinks were good but we all had enjoyed the nacho cheese chips from the childrens bounce house far more and that was only $ 10 for chips and drinks so given the choice of dining I would recommend the soft drinks and chips and cheese sauce at the bounce house which was far superior to the Manors .Last but not least . They were out of everything that we had originally ordered and we had to reorder repeatedly because they stated they were out of it including potatoes ?

• Visited January 2014

Hubbard, Ohio
“Horrible service/bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We called a few days before, after checking out the restaurant on their website, to make a reservation for 6 adults at 7:30 on a Saturday night. We told them it was a party and asked if we could bring a cake. Yes to all. When we got there we stood in the entryway for quite a while without being greeted. Finally I crossed the room and told the waitress that we had reservations- she said that no had told her (still no excuse for no acknowledging waiting guests). They put together 2 tables of different widths in front of the waitresses work station. Dinner was hit and miss. You'd ask for something and it would never come, some people liked their food and others did not, baked potatoes were presented 15 minutes before the entrees arrived, water and coffee were not re-filled, the breading on the veal simply slipped off the meat- I have never seen this happen before. The bread was good. The entertainment was good. The pictures on the website do not look anything like the place. It is a small bar with a small dining room with a banquet hall. The wait staff seem to have never had a job in a restaurant before- little to no experience. We were looking for a nice place to have dinner (their menu looked good, if only they could actually cook all that they offer), that had music that started before 9pm. We will never return. It was obvious that some of us had not eaten the food. No one asked why or offered to box the food (not that I would have taken it home). Most places would offer to bring you something else, but not here. Don't waste your time here on food. It would be an ok place to grab a drink and listen the the guitar player, but stop and eat somewhere else before you go.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LaurieCM
Youngstown, Ohio
“A Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This restaurant and bar at the corner of Rt. 46 and Kirk Rd.in Austintown offers Italian and American cuisine in a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere. Family friendly but quiet enough for relaxed conversation when we have visited at noon. Service is prompt and friendly. During today's visit warm Italian bread was served promptly with both dipping oil and butter. You can eat at the bar if you prefer or on the outdoor patio. Lunch specials vary daily. Waitresses are attentive but not intrusive. Pasta dishes are very good with a homemade, sweet marinara sauce. My family is from Bier Hill and I dislike the sauces served at many local Italian restaurants. This one is different; not the Sunday sauce my grandmother made but very fresh, mildly sweet and authentically but not overly spiced. Also, their burgers and Fair Fries are excellent and my wife enjoyed her charbroiled chicken breast salad. Nice selection of appetizers. Prices are moderate. The food here is as good as any we've tasted in the Valley. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited July 2013