“The people that worked there were so nice and carring.”

Super 8 Youngstown/Austintown
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Austintown
A TripAdvisor Member
SHILOH
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Your breakfast was good. I did like how safe I felt. Thank you for being so nice. I thought the guy that checked me in was very nice and helped me to get my discount. I am not sure what his name was; but we checked in at 11:45 PM Tuesday night October 2, 2012.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were a late arrival (after 10 pm) and the staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome from the long drive to the area. No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the best Super 8 I have stayed at. The staff are friendly, courteous and polite. After a hard work day on the road, this is a very pleasant place to stay. This is the 2nd time I have stayed here while away from home on business. The rooms are very clean. I feel very comfortable staying here. Coffee makers are provided , as well as a mini refrigerator and microwave oven. Restaurants such as Cracker Barrel, Perkins and Bob Evans are just a short drive away. I have had very good dinners at both Bob Evans and
Perkins. The food was very good and serving staff was friendly. I will try Cracker Barrel the next time.
Super 8 Youngstown is a safe, clean place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Nice place, friendly and responsive owners and staff. New carpet, new paint, great WiFi, cute breakfast, A/C and heat that works great. Very clean rooms. Despite the fact that it is in a truckstop area, you will not be disturbed. I was here on a sold out night and did not hear a peep. Fast computer in lobby. Constant upgrades being made including new Flat Screen TV's to be installed soon. Considering the price, you can't beat this nice economy hotel.

Room Tip: I had a non smoking room and it had no smell at all. The staff cares about it customers.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Room was clean, staff was friendly and price was okay. Near the highway exit. I used a coupon found in the I80 guide I picked up at a rest area. Was tired after driving all day and did not explore the surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We came in late after riding our motorcyle for 500 miles, and found this motel via our iPhone. It was easy to find, and on our route, so we stopped (no reservation).

This was a shabby hotel. They said they serve waffles for breakfast, but they were toaster waffles, which are not worth getting up for. I can't say it was clean, but we have had MUCH worse. The motel is considerably older thant he pictures portray.

I make it a point to give my rewards card at all motels when I check it. I was very disappointed to find out after my stay that we were not awarded Wyndym rewards points for our stay - said we got a discounted rate - whatever that means. We have become pretty brand loyal because of earning points for future travel, but this certainly detracts from our loyalty.

The room was not cheap. While staff was nice, I would not recommend this hotel - there is plenty of competition in the are. Over our 3300 miles and 12 days, this was our least favorite motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

There are not enough negative adjectives in the English language to describe this motel. The shabby hallways smell like cigarette smoke. My wife had to stuff towels under our door to keep the stench out of our room. The beds were cheap mattresses on plywood platforms. The bathroom was clean but shabby with a paint job that looked like it was done by a blind guy! The carpets everywhere were old, thread-bare and grimy. The property was surrounded by truck stops and a strip club. Super 8 management should be ashamed of this motel! The most frustrating thing about Super 8 is the inconsistency from property to property. We've stayed in some very nice Super 8s and appreciate their low-cost model, but this place has turned us off on trying any new Super 8s in the future. We skipped the free breakfast as we decided we didn't want to risk eating food that came out of the kitchen on this property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austintown
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Youngstown West, OH
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#20 of 37 in Youngstown
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown
Comfort Inn & Suites Austintown

Been to Super 8 Youngstown/Austintown? Share your experiences!