“Clean Comfortable Convenient”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Austintown
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here on the recommendation of my parents. They've stayed here several times and were always happy. The room was clean and comfortable. The water pressure is a bit weak but that was our only complaint. We didn't eat breakfast there as my family are not a fans of continental breakfasts but there's a Perkins right across the street.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank the-way-2-go

Reviewed September 24, 2010

Had to go here to attend a funeral. Used to live in the area, was surprised to see that the desk clerk knew less than I did about the local area, even though I moved out in 1971 (really!).

Desk clerk didn't seem interested in doing much of anything, or being involved with the guests at all, more like a "no-tell motel" sort of attitude.

The location, room, parking, etc, are all perfectly good for the price and location. If you stay there, make sure you have some maps with you if you don't know the area. The "yes" is a guarded "yes" for recommendation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I like this hotel. Room was clean and staff helped me with a minor problem that I had. Bed was firmer than I like, but I would imagine it's perfect for some. Cable had a full complement of channels like you would have at home. Breakfast could be better, but is acceptable. Hotel is a bit out of the way, but there are a few restaurants at that exit.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I stayed here because got tired of driving on a trip from IL to NY.
The room was ok. Other Sleep Inn I have stayed are much better. For breakfast there were some pastries, OJ, apple juice, coffee, and apple. I was expecting a little more. Another Sleep Inn in Missouri were I stay often, has yogurt, waffles, 3 kinds of juice, biscuit w/ gray, etc. I probably would not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Stayed here when driving home from a 2 week tenting road trip, and after a nightmare at a motel 6 the night before. We drove in at about midnight on a sunday and got a 2 bed non-smoking room. Sleep inns do not have bathtubs, and we were aware of this....no problem. Our room was clean, AC worked great, wireless worked well, smelled clean, had lotion, soap, shampoo, and a few other simple goodies. The rooms have their sinks in the room part and the toilet and shower are behind a sliding door.....just like all sleep inns. The mattress was plush and comfy with 4 clean pillows on each bed.

Overall an easy night's sleep.....only thing that wasn't up to par was their continental breakfast, it was bare and they are the only choice hotel I know of that was lacking a waffle machine.....I always look forward to a waffle at a choice hotel! lol....but the donut, banana, and OJ were still good. Staff was nice and friendly. Great parking lot.....well lit for single females.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2008

In planning our trip to Detroit, we decided to break-up the drive and spend the night in Austintown. After some research, decided on Sleep-Inn. Check-in was fabulous and the young woman the desk, was outstanding and provided excellent customer service. (I apologize for not getting her name to pass on the compliment). Unfortunately, Aaron, the morning Desk Clerk was TERRIBLE. He should not be allowed to interface with customers...ever! Early the morning of our departure I tried to get a cup of Decafe coffee and the machine was not working. I walked over to the front desk with cup in hand and asked Aaron if he could fix the problem. He immediately left the front desk and went to the machine in the breakfast area (at that time there were no customers waiting). He tried the machine, confirmed that it wasn't working and "disappeared" into another room off the breakfast room. I sat down and waited because I erroneously assumed he had gone to the other room to either fix the problem or bring back a pot of decafe. After about 8-10 mins. he emerged from the "back room" and headed to the front desk where he proceeded to check-out departing customers. I waited through the two customers and finally asked, (still with cup in hand) "Is the machine fixed?" He looked at me incredulously and said, “What? Oh, that's going to take a while." I said to him, It would have been nice if you had told me that when you came from the back room.” He just looked at me like, “it’s not my problem.” When I asked to see the manager, he said, “She won’t be in until around 8.” Not the kind of personality or presence I would want my customers leaving with…

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank gracie7311967
Reviewed October 21, 2007

I'll keep this short and sweet - $74.99/night, big shower, clean room, working a/c, and NO funny smells. This is a basic hotel with no frills, etc. Good for a night's sleep if you want someplace clean and safe to stay right off of I-80. Nice big shower with water pressure - no dribbling from these shower heads, nice warm water good for washing hair and rinsing soap off your skin unlike most hotels in the area. Quick check in and check out.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank NYerDrivesAlot26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austintown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Youngstown West
Comfort Inn & Suites Austintown
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#20 of 36 in Youngstown
Home2 Suites by Hilton Youngstown West/Austintown

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!