“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Austinburg
Oneonta, New York
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed overnight on a trip to Detroit. This was close to the Interstate and had good reviews plus it was pet-friendly which was a requirement for us. The room was very clean, attractive, and had just about every feature we wanted - coffee-pot, microwave, cable TV, Wi-Fi, comfortable bed, very nice bath etc. We would stay here again without querstion.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gcd28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was good, they offered oatmeal or cold cereal, yogurt, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice and tea. The only complaint I had was they had an indoor pool and the temperature in the room was much too hot for that time of year. We were there at the end of July, not in the dead of winter so I don't understand why it was so hot in there. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue H
PamJenkins, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. As the new General Manager of this hotel, I strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied beyond their expectations. My team and I look forward to hosting you again soon!
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We arrived here on a Saturday night and only stayed for one night. When we walked into the lobby and up to the front desk, the lady did not greet us or even smile. When we asked if we could pay half in cash and half on our credit card she said in a round about way that it was not possible. Anyways, we arrived to our room, which we had ordered a queen by the way, only to find a small full bed in the room. Immediately, I went up to the desk and told her that was not what I had ordered. She replied by saying, "That is a Queen bed, our Queen and that's the only size "Queen" we have in the hotel." I stated that I wanted a Queen bed that would be found in a furniture store and to give me otherwise would be false advertisement. She answered with a quick, "The manager will be here tomorrow."
Though I was very disappointed, we decided to stay and make the best of it. No more than a half hour later, I began hearing loud noises from above us (we were on the first floor). This went on for about an hour! I decided not to complain because the lady obviously didn't like me. Plus, I didn't want to complain because I believe the walls were paper thin (we could also hear the people talking in the room next to us).
In the morning when we woke up, my boyfriends back was hurting from the bed and the both of us did not get much sleep considering we could not spread out and be comfortable in this small bed! (I should note that I know for a fact their King size beds are much bigger!!)
The breakfast in the morning consisted of coffee, orange juice, doughnuts, bagels, cereal, oranges, apples, and bananas.
On a positive note, I thought the room we had was very spacious, clean, and neat. We could get Wi-fi on the phone but I wouldn't say it's high speed. The bathroom was also very spacious and had very tiny bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelGirl611
SleepInnOH, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
The Sleep Inn apolgizes for your experience with our hotel. The hotel only has king, queen or twin size mattresses. The mattresses are labeled and made by Serta Seeley for the Sleep Inn brand.

Travelers are raving about these Austinburg hotels

dobrien10
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Stayed with my teenage daughters and wife in Ashtabula and found this hotel off the exit.

Excellent hotel. We found the staff to be extremely helpful, even guided us to several restaurants downtown which was very nice of them.

Went out of their way to make us feel welcome for our two day stay while visiting family.

Convenient breakfast and internet went a long way with my kids and wife!

Hotel is in excellent condition, rates very reasonable! Have already planned another stay there in July!

Probably one of the nicest Sleep Inn's i've ever stayed in! Do the same!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank dobrien10
PamJenkins, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
We are ecstatic that you were pleased with your stay here at the Sleep Inn and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

--Pam Jenkins
Ohio
Reviewed September 29, 2009

To be fair, I will start out with the positives of our experience with this hotel. Our reservation was exactly as requested and we stayed for three nights over Labor Day weekend. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was roomy. Now on with the review, there were only two bath towels in the bathroom for two people. The complimentary shampoo and conditioner smelled horrible and didn't work very well at all. They need to upgrade their products. The continental breakfast was a joke. They have a long way to go to compete with the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express who serves hot food for breakfast along with the standard cereal and muffins/donuts. The coffe was cold or non-existent most of the time we stayed here. We could have stayed at the Hampton Inn up the street for not much more money.....and we should have. When we were checking out we had to wait for someone to come back to the desk. I told her we were checking out and she asked if I wanted a receipt. Shouldn't that be standard procedure? After she gave me my receipt that was it. No, thanks for staying with us.....Was everything alright?....not even a "Have a nice day!". We will NEVER return to the hotel again. This hotel charges plenty to stay here and it is nothing special.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clerk07
SleepInnOH, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this review, February 22, 2010
Sleep Inn appreciated your taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for your experience with our hotel. Sleep Inn Ashtabula is committed to providing our guest with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. We hope you consider this a isolated incident,
NorthEast
Reviewed August 15, 2009

For a 2 star motel the room was a gem - clean, modern, roomy and well appointed. It is located just off of I90 behind another express motel. Across the street is a Flying J with cheap fuel and a good place to eat, but seriously, the coming and going of trucks, some 1000 ft from the room was never heard inside of the room. The breakfast was a good assortment of bake goods and beverages in a well lit and comfortable dining area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelbob1
Canton Ga
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Was visiting family, and was disappointed in most of the local motels, found this one online, and decided to try it. Liked everything about it, from the nice check in staff to the comfy beds, and great shower. Admittedly a bit no-frills, the room was compact, but not claustrophobic. Everything worked well, and a good continental b'fast was served, and well tended. All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Klaproth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austinburg
Ramada Austinburg/Ashtabula
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Holiday Inn Express Ashtabula-Geneva
Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula? Share your experiences!