“A Nice Place to Stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Austinburg
Akron, Ohio
“A Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was a little reluctant to book this hotel based on some bad reviews but did it anyway . . . and I have to say, I was not disappointed at all. The front desk staff was very pleasant and the newly renovated room was done beautifully. The decor and color scheme were fresh and modern - just lovely!! The pool was a nice way to end the day after walking the hot pavement at the Beach Glass Festival and then relaxing in the quiet room watching some television and surfing the net with the free wi-fi. Breakfast was your average fare for a hotel of this type but well stocked with options for the entire family. I would recommend this hotel to others looking for a convenient place to I-90 and Ashtabula.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Teri44313
PamJenkins, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Im glad you decided to stay at our hotel, and I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We sincerely hope to see you return (and we would love to see your beach glass as well). Have a great summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stephens City, Virginia
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We have been staying here for over 4 years & love the improvements! Julie did everything to make our stay comfortable, nice & went out of her way to even change rooms to a bigger one due to we had a large family & needed the family suite! The new beds were very comfortable, breakfast was yummy (had bacon!) & rooms good size. Pool was nice & clean, plenty of towels for the kids. Only improvement I think is there needs to be a sink where the wet bar is since there was the plumbing for it & the mini refrigerators need a freezer in them. They took $10 off our room per night because we were told there would be a sink & apologized several times. I thought that was very fair & nice! We will stay here again next year & hope that Julie will still be there! She really knows how to make guests feel welcome!---Charlotte & Tom from Winchester, VA

Room Tip: If you are a family of 5 kids, 2 adults, get the family suite with the king bed, bunk set & fold...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PamJenkins, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was, we are ecstatic that our hotel and our staff made your visit to Austinburg a great one.. Hope to see you again!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in lots of Sleep Inns all over the country but won't stay here again. Must say it was easy to find and quiet.
Not particularly clean, lots of little things out of order in the room. No tissues so went to desk and were told they don 't supply tissues.
The breakfast room was dark and dreary, but did have enough tables. When we went to breakfast there were 3 tables of guests and other tables were dirty. The "buffet" was
messy and not well stocked.
Outside there were cigarette butts all over....not their fault, but should be cleaned up!

Stayed June 2014
We are so sorry that we didnt meet your expectations when you stayed, we are under renovations, and are striving to continue to improve, so every guest wants to return, as we hope you also come back once renovations are complete.

Travelers are raving about these Austinburg hotels

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My stay at the Sleep Inn in Ashtabula was fabulous. Julie at the front desk was so friendly and so very helpful. She enabled me to use a computer to go online and reserve my room with my significant organization discount. She also found us a wonderful room on the top floor which I prefer for me and my dog Max. Julie has incredible energy and was there for anything we needed.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are further away from the highway and the sun does not come in early in the mornin...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
PamJenkins, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We are ecstatic that our staff was able to accommodate and assist in making your stay, a pleasant one. We sincerely hope that you stay with us again if you are in the area and looking for lodging.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had a situation with family members on each coast of the country needing me to assist them, as one was in NYC and the other in Southern California attempting to acquire lodging for the one in NYC. Holly at the front desk worked closely with me obtaining and sending Faxes of personal information in order to acquire the NYC room for my family member. This included some failed Faxes, yet Holly was diligent and they finally went through and my family member finally was able to register completely and get the key for her room. Thank you Holly!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the discounts and they will work with you within their pricing parameters. 10% seemed to be...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how our staff did, and we are thrilled that our staff was able to meet your expectations. We thrive on making each of our guests want to return each time they are in our area.
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I am visiting this area for a few weekends due to a family hospital stay. Julie at the front desk was absolutely fantastic. I had told her I stayed at another hotel the weekend before and it was questionable to say the least. Julie allowed me to view the room before paying and assured me of their amenities and safety. She signed me up for the Choice Privileges program to help me receive some of their special. Their renovations in the hall way did not disrupt the stay and were not as pictured by other ratings. The room was beautiful and looked as a picture in Bed Bath and Beyond. I did not use the pool but the area was clean. Breakfast was fine but I wish they had the waffles as the picture on the web. Again that area was clean and well presented. I was asked by Julie more than once how things were, could they help with anything, and they hoped my stay was enjoyable. I have just book this weekend stay with her again. Hope they keep Julie around. She is an asset to this organization! Thanks for a great stay. See you soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
PamJenkins, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at our hotel went. We are excited that our employees made an impact and that we were able to exceed your expectations, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Dry Ridge, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had to stay 3 nights in Austinburg, OH in February for work. I was going to stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door but after seeing the price I was forced to choose the Sleep Inn. I'm glad I did. This hotel was just as nice and was a fraction of the price per night. If ever in Austinburg, OH for the night I would recommend staying at the Sleep Inn. The staff there was awesome! They was always asking if everything was o.k. and if they could help. I will stay there everytime I'm in Austinburg now.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your stay, we sincerely hope you return soon, and encourage others to stay with us as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austinburg
Ramada Austinburg/Ashtabula
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Holiday Inn Express Ashtabula-Geneva
Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula? Share your experiences!