“Praise for employee”

Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Austinburg
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed overnight the night of 6/21/13. At breakfast on 6/22 the employee, Karis, in charge of the breakfast area, provided much needed and appreciated extra help to me. I am on a medical diet and forgot to bring the plug in part of my blender to combine the ingredients I brought with me. She offered to cut up and combine them to a consistency that would work for me. She stayed open later than her usual 10 AM time and put time and effort into it. she then served it and it worked so well with the supplements I had. I was worried that I was taking too much of her time but she said it was not a problem. Such a nice and helpful young woman! Just wanted to express thanks to her and to the hotel. I know if the hotel did not support good customer service she would have been unable to provide it. Good management there!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
PamJenkins, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Im so thrilled that our employees made your stay an enjoyable one, as well as assisted you in every way. We strive to make our guests feel at home and wish to return here, we hope to see you in the future. Have a great summer!

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I wish the ratings allowed for separate reviews of the staff and facility. Some of my ratings were low but that had more to do with the Sleep Inn facility. Let me start by saying the Sleep Inn Staff, everyone I met during my 4 day visit, were exceptional. They were courteous, friendly, knowledgeable of the surrounding area, and eager to provide the best service possible. The facility (Property) itself had seen better days. While I was there all the gym equipment was not working and the workout area was small. The carpet throughout the facility was worn to the point you could see the wood floor underneath. The room TV was an old CRT type and the channel reception was very poor. The room air conditioner had broken plastic vents and it was very loud when running. The door to the bathroom would not close properly and could not be locked. A Continental Breakfast was available but I chose not to eat the provided food because in my humble opinion it did not look good.

Although the Staff was exceptional I do believe the room rate was excessive considering the observed issues with the facility. To be fair I did speak with a General Manager and I was informed plans were in place to upgrade the property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Im very pleased that our staff assisted you and made your stay a pleasant one, we are currently beginning our renovations, and sincerely hope that you will return when they are complete. See you then...

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived in the area extremely early. Staff was able to give us an early check in which really helped us out. We were able to get into our room quickly and start out on our afternoon/evening plans Everyone we dealt with at this motel was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
PamJenkins, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and staff. We value our guests feedback on their stay, and want to ensure that we are doing everything we can to make sure that our guests have a great stay here, and wish to come back. Im very pleased that my Guest Service Agent was able to assist you in checking in early.. Look forward to having you stay at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My stay here was excellent time my room was great always cleaned the king size bed was great. the ladies Julie, Jessica, Pam, and Doris were very helpful at the front desk and very nice and very professional. the cleaning ladies Taylor, Alyssa, Stephanie, Sara, and Bryanna, they were very helpful always had my room cleaned they were very friendly helped me in any way, very professional. This was an amazing stay and im looking forward to the next time I visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PamJenkins, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Im thrilled that you enjoyed your extended stay at our hotel and that our staff was professional at all times. We strive to ensure each guest enjoys their stay while they are at our hotel, and your review tells me that our staff made sure you did. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our room was very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable for my wife and myself.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. It was an enjoyable weekend. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family who would went an affordable place to stay while touring the wineries in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick H

Im very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and look forward to having you and your friends return to stay many times in the future.. We strive to make all of our guests happy, so we always enjoy hearing that we do. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My Room was really clean. The bed was clean and comfortable. Desk staff were professional. Quick check in and out. Decent area with A Flying j with A Dennys in it across the street. The only complaint I have is the slow dial up speed Internet. No way you can call that "free high speed internet"! Other than that, it was a great and I'll be back again.

• Stayed: April 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had with our internet, we appreciate the review and always welcome hearing any issues that may occur, so that we can work on them to make your stay in the future better,. I am glad that the rest of your stay was great and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here once before and forgot to write but it is time to catch up, had a good sleep there, no complaints, everything was as it should be, good truck stop across the street but I did not hear one truck all night . Staff was great, I had to leave early and the guy at the front desk made sure I had something to take along, thanks, I'll be back.

Room Tip: Backside of the hotel is better
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I am absolutely thrilled to know that you had a great stay and that our front desk agent made sure that you didnt leave without something for breakfast. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future. and thank you for the review, we appreciate knowing that we made an a good impression on our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austinburg
Ramada Austinburg/Ashtabula
Motel 6 Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
#1 of 2 in Geneva
Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula? Share your experiences!