“Great Place!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Austinburg
Buffalo NY
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

Driving back from Tempe AZ the wife and I were caught in a blizzard on the I-90. We Tom-Tom'ed this place. Thank God it was only 10 miles away! Check-in went well. Room was pricy ($100 with tax). We usually paid $40 to $60 per night for our rooms at other motels. However, the price was worth every penny! The place is fantastic. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. Wi-Fi was good, bathroom conditions excellent. Only knocks were the older microwave and older mini-fridge. The wife and I had our best nights sleep on the entire trip at this place.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BuffaloBill716

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pacific Northwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2008

Jason, the front desk clerk was very nice, courteous, and competent. The hotel, however, was NOISY. Kids running amok, motorcycles gunning their engines in the parking lot, etc. If you're looking for quiet, this probably isn't the place. The walls are extremely thin, denoting cheap construction. Since they obviously can't do anything about that now, they need to crack down on guest noise. The room doors slam like something in Cellblock C, and you can hear the kids running down the hall, right out of The Shining. Decent facilities otherwise, but nothing special here. too bad.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank Roadie60
Ashley,MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2007

Liked this place so much when I stayed in September taht re booked when we went back to Erie PA in November.
Spacious double queens are roomy , well decorated , well maintained with wonderfully comfy beds that are guaranteed to give you a good nights sleep.
Staff , Brandy , Jason etc are the best . So very kind and professional , I look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank QPR_4_ever
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2007

Ashtabula County Ohio has more covered bridges than anywhere in Ohio and possibly any area of the USA. During our trip, the Hampton Inn showed a totally booked status on the Hilton reservations website, but a call to the hotel directly around 4PM found the last room available - a King with whirlpool. The price was competitive with other hotels in the area even for last minute last room availability. HiltonHHonors info was taken and the room confirmed. We could have paid slightly less for another chain without the whirlpool in the room and the Hilton bed amenities.

Check in was speedy and the personnel was quite nice. The hotel has an indoor pool, exercise room, 24 hour lobby coffee and is close to I-90 and many Ohio routes. The room was very large - larger than other Hampton Inn rooms lodged in the past and had a microwave and refrigerator, chair and ottoman, setee, as well as 25" TV and desk with leather executive chair. The bath was exceptionally large and the whirlpool - for two - was in a separate room. The king bed was exceptionally comfortable to Hilton standards and there were several pillow types to choose from. Standard Hampton toiletries were available and the towels were soft compared to standard hotel "rough" stock. Everything was quite clean and the only a burned out light bulb in one of the many, many lamps and fixtures in the room was overlooked.

In the morning there was a hot breakfast bar and cold and baked items. At the normal shut down time, the attendant asked if we had enough to eat as she would leave things up for us for a short while. This was not necessary but was notable as in other places, quitting time was quitting time.

The Hampton Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg is recommended.

• Stayed November 2007
3 Thank tzzydzzy
Fulton, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

We booked two rooms for 4 adults and 4 children. The rooms were wonderful and roomy. The beds and chairs were comfortable. The blankets were clean and wonderfully inviting. The front desk was very helpful as we arrived separately and were not even on premises when the second car arrived. They went out of their way to give us rooms directly across from each other. We ordered pizza and ate it in the dining area of the lobby. Very comfortable and homey. The best word to describe this motel is hospitable like a hotel/motel should be. The housekeeping staff was pleasant and helpful. I would love to stay again next weekend as I have to pass through again but they are booked solid. I can certainly see why! I will plan ahead next trip and stay here.

• Liked — Friendly, hospitable
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank pal1000
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2006

My friend and I were in Ohio to visit some of the wineries in the area and stayed at the Hampton in Austinburg. Generally, I do seek out Hamptons wherever I go as I find them to be among the cleanest of hotels as well as offering a nice breakfast. This hotel in particular is one of the nicest yet. The desk clerk was amazingly friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and the beds.....WOW! I haven't slept so well in years. All I want to know is where I can buy a mattress and pillows like those. I have back problems and woke up feeling refreshed with not one ache or pain anywhere. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area. Thanks for such a wonderful night!

• Liked — The beds!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — N/A
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
4 Thank heyhon53
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2005

Having just left the worst Hampton Inn in the chain (Kent, OH,) I was not looking forward to this hotel stay. Had I not guaranteed it with a credit card I would have stayed elsewhere. But, I'm so glad I booked this Hampton. It restored my faith in the chain.

This hotel offers service similar to a 5-star hotel (without the extra $$$ for concierge rooms!) The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. The hotel was set up to be welcoming and make my stay memorable. From hot cookies upon check-in (wait a minute, this isn't Doubletree,) to carry-out prepackaged breakfast bags for those who slept too late for breakfast. They have a business center with internet access and a printer. Since I left my laptop at home, it was nice to be able to check my email for free. The computer is password protected, too, so unlike some business center computers, there was not a long waiting line for it's use and no children playing on it.

The room was clean and well appointed. It even had a refrigerator! (It may have had a microwave too, but I cannot remember!) Too bad I wasn't staying longer. Evidently many of the guest there are repeat visitors and some stay for long periods of time (2 weeks - 1 month.) I can't blame them. If I'm ever in Ashtabula, OH, again, I will certainly make this Hampton Inn my temporary home.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank 1Venus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austinburg
Ramada Austinburg/Ashtabula
Holiday Inn Express Ashtabula-Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
#1 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Ashtabula? Share your experiences!