“Winery Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Austinburg
Twinsburg, United States
“Winery Getaway”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last couple years when we visit the nearby wineries. On each occasion we found the hotel clean and the staff attentive. Our only issue was being located across from a Exit stairway. Early in the morning in was a constant slamming of the door as people avoided using the elevator.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kirkwood, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the location perfect for our visit. We arrived very late and were greeted with a smile and quick service allowing us to get to our room quickly. I had tried to register for a Hilton Honors program but was having problems with the site and the hotel clerk said he would take care of it for me. When I woke up the next morning, the completed registration had been placed under my door. I really appreciated that efficiency. The only negative was that the fitness room had no free weights.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Ohio
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. I always appreciate having a mini frig and microwave in the room. The breakfast buffet was good and they also supply a breakfast to-go bag. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I would definitely recommend this place. If felt newly remodeled and the service was friendly and prompt. The rooms were clean upon arrival, and the bedsheets were changed and bathrooms were cleaned everyday! Breakfast was also fresh and they had a nice variety to choose from. Also loved the complimentary beverage bar with an assortment of teas, hot chocolate and coffee. I highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Bethel Park, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The first room we were directed to was a non-smoking room that clearly was NOT non-smoking. We went down and told the staff. We were then given the room next door to the first one and of course that room was unlivable as well. The staff could care less and were NOT helpful at all. The lobby area downstairs looked like a herd of elephants had run through it. It was filthy dirty. My wife is on crutches and almost fell due to the muddy, wet floors. I can't tell you how disappointing our visit was to this hotel. We have stayed at other Hampton locations and always had a good experience. Fortunately, we did find a room at a hotel across the highway, not that the staff at the Hampton cared. Quite honestly, I think this hotel should be checked for MISMANAGEMENT.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Ken K
bconaway, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ashtabula, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
On behalf of the management and staff of our hotel I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to learn that you had an uncomfortable stay with us and that there was an uncomfortable smell of smoke near your room. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor smoking in our non smoking rooms, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please be assured that your valuable comments will be shared with my team as we continue to strive to improve upon our offerings.

Thank you once more for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again at our hotel.
Howard County, Maryland, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This Hampton Inn has friendly staffs with lots of smiles and wonderful services. I felt at home when staying here. The breakfast is always of the high quality. The hotel setups and rooms are super comfortable. I am on business trip in the Ashtabula area often, and have tried most of the local hotels here. I have always come back to this Hampton Inn because of its frindiness and the high-quality services.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Philly area, PA
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in Sept 2013 and found this Hampton to be a good value like most other Hampton Inns. Hotel is just off I-90 with fairly easy access to a few restaurants. Check-in was fast. Staff were friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. TV, climate control, lights, all worked well. Breakfast was ready at 6am. Breakfast choices looked good even though I only had some cereal and fruit. No problems. This was one of those stays that lasted about 12 hours so I can't give more specifics. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austinburg
Ramada Austinburg/Ashtabula
Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Holiday Inn Express Ashtabula-Geneva
Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg

Been to Hampton Inn Ashtabula? Share your experiences!