Hampton Inn Ashtabula
$83
SleepInn
$90
$88
All reviewsroom was cleanwaffle housespire institutegreat place to stayoff the highwaylocal wineriesnice pooleasy accessnice hotelbreakfast areafresh fruitwafflesfront desk staffhot breakfastup to datestay there againlake erie
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Cleaning staff stole from me. Had the audacity to wear my earrings they had stole in front of me. The manager of this Hampton told me I could not prove they were mine and I walked away with out my earrings! They were unique. The cleaning staff claimed they were given to her a few days before by a friend who got them from the $ store! Not true. This hotel does not protect their customers. Never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
bconaway, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ashtabula, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology if your earrings went missing while staying with us. We want you to know that we have taken this very seriously and are taking all the necessary steps to thoroughly investigate this incident. Our customers’ personal property is always respected and I sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and were satisfied, so we booked there when we had reason to return to the area. The check-in clerk was not friendly - in fact, she was busy typing on the computer for a couple minutes when I walked up and did not even acknowledge my presence. We had requested an Accessible King Room, which we got, however, the room didn't really meet the standards. The roll-in shower had no shower chair or bench, no convenient hooks to hang towels - in fact no place at all to hang bath towels, and only a very small vanity to place toiletries and personal items. The room was very small - it was OK for us, but no way could it have been accessible to someone using a wheelchair. On the first day of our stay, I went to the breakfast buffet and there was no milk in either of the pitchers, and the selection of pastries was quite low; however, the attendant was sitting in the kitchen chatting with a co-worker. When I asked about the milk, she promptly took care of it, but it seems she should have been paying attention without being asked. Overall, I was disappointed and even though I am a Hilton Gold Member, will probably choose another hotel in the area for our next visit.

Room Tip: Not a good hotel for those needing a wheelchair accessible room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Because of a credit card mishap it took me a couple hours to check in but Rachel, at the front desk, was more than happy to help and was friendly throughout the entire experience. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable and clean. Would definitely recommend staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way to Wisconsin. The hotel was fine with no major complaints. The front desk staff was helpful in directing us back onto the highway through a construction zone. A little expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a King Suite with our two children. It was clean, layout was fine (although the kitchen area had no sink).
Things that were not so good: the room had a very off-putting odor (my husband described it as old folks home) that was not pleasant. The hide-a-bed was broken and one side completely caved in when my kids lay down on it. We had to prop it up, and they slept with their heads up about 30 degrees higher than the rest of their bodies. There was no blanket for the hide-a-bed, and I had to go get one from the front desk. Wireless was terrible. Nothing would load in, or it was extremely slow. For the price, which was pretty expensive, it was not worth it. This was labeled the "Presidential Suite" on the door.
I'm pretty sure no president will be staying there anytime soon.

• Stayed: August 2013