“A great get away for a day”
Review of Wildwater Kingdom - CLOSED

Wildwater Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Living near here is great! If my husband and I need just a one day get away to relax in the sunshine, this is it! The water slides are so fun, there are plenty of lounge chairs, and the lazy river is great for relaxing and floating the day away.

2  Thank Erin H
There are newer reviews for Wildwater Kingdom

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Miss the old Geauga Lake! it was awesome but of course they had to ruin it and make it just a water park and now the new wave pool is smaller and not as fun, The old wave pool was awesome. I just don't understand why they had to change things people liked. I googled Old wave pool at Geauga Lake Everyone misses the old pool. Why take stuff away that people like????

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place has waterslides and attractions for the whole family. It's fun for the locals, I don't know how far I would be willing to drive to check it out.
The Good......Water Slides of all sizes, wave pool, splash landing for the small children, Lazy river, cabana's, food

The Bad........Food is not cheap unless you get a cabana it's fairly reasonable, lines can be looooong on the weekends for slides, not real cheap if you have a family of 4 or more.

Overall a fun place to go on a hot summer day, the best value is to buy season passes, even if you only go twice, it's worth it for the free parking and free passes to bring some friends!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My son and I made a trip to Wildwater Kingdom in mid-July. The weather was questionable, but we gave it a go figuring the lines wouldn't be as long.
The park is considerably lackluster. Only a few slides, an over crowded wave pool and getting nickeled and dimed on just about everything. It costs $5 to rent a tube you can use in the wave pool, and they rent $10, 2-person tubes that you cannot use there. The only place you can use them is in the lazy river- where the 1-person tubes are free! That particular cost made NO sense to me.
The lockers were expensive and the changing areas had seen much better days. The lounge chairs were jammed together in every area. And it was not crowded- but yet there were lines for all of the slides. I would have hated to be there if it was busier.
One good thing I discovered was the healthier food options at several of the stands. Not everyone wants to eat fried junk as a meal or snack all the time and I really appreciated being able to get fresh fruit and vegetables.
I also enjoyed the lazy river. It was very well set up and not the usual blue pool color like most lazy rivers. It was very well staffed with lifeguards and they kept the rowdy kids in check.
But honestly, two high points for over $30 per person plus locker, plus food? If the service had been impeccable, maybe, but it wasn't. And there are much nicer waterparks around for the same price.

2  Thank Carebear0826
Reviewed September 6, 2012

First time visitor's decided not to drive all the way to Sandusky for water park when we live in NE Ohio. Great choice!. Nice park, not too big, but really fun. We went in early August so it wasn't crowded. The park is not huge so if it is crowded, there certainly will be lines.

Food not bad, but next time would pack a picnic

1  Thank WinstonOliver