“Miss the old Geauga Lake”
Review of Wildwater Kingdom - CLOSED

Wildwater Kingdom
Stoneboro, PA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Miss the old Geauga Lake”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I miss the old geauga lake but this place is pretty good too. I really love Liquid Lightning and the wave pool. The lazy river is one the best I've been in. Most are just a circle, not this one it is long and kind of an adventure. The value isn't too bad either. The food is a little overpriced but this holds true for all of this kind of park. I give it an A+ for a good time.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Robert J

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rather go to Kalahari”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

When I reserved our cabana a day in advance, the employee on the phone said we could bring a cooler to the pavilion's but not to the cabana. Since the pavilions are right next to the cabana, we loaded up with water and snacks. Once we got to the park we were told we had to leave our cooler outside at the pavilions in the parking lot. The guest services were very rude we explained what we were told. Then the line to get into the cabanas took over a half hour to get through because we had to wait in the same line as the people who didn't reserve one. They had 4 servers for the cabanas and not one ever stopped by to ask if we wanted anything. Not that we would have, $6 for a beer, $4 for a hotdog. Thats why they don't let you bring any food in. The rides were fun, but not many and by 1 pm, the lines were very long. Overall paid $175 with tickets, parking and cabana, can't say it was worth it. Spent more at Kalahari and the family had much more fun.

3 Thank jimibfromohio
Louisville, Ohio, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Very Clean and Very Fun”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Overview:

Me and my friend just visited the park yesterday (6/29/12) and it was a warm one! 94 degrees! We arrived at the park at 10:30 and were able to get a good parking place. Parking is 7$. The park opens at 11 and closes at 8. The crowds seemed average for a hot day like yesterday. For a waterpark on the smaller side, Wildwater Kingdom is a real bang for your buck! Whether you have a season pass or just purchase individual tickets, it's a great deal.

Attractions:

Tidal Wave Bay (Pool/Wave Pool) Wildwater Kingdom has a good variety of attractions to offer. They have a huge pool/wave pool that cycles every 15 minutes. The waves at it's deepest part reach about 6-7 ft high. The deepest part of the pool is 6 ft. At the shallow end, the waves are much more kid friendly. The park provides chairs that you can set in the water and sit down in. The pool is also surrounded by hundreds of lounge chairs so you can set your belongings down. The wave pool is signaled by an alarm and everyone will start screaming with joy. The wave pool is very fun and all of the life guards there take there job very seriously. I witnessed a girl struggling in the water about 20 feet away from me and one of the lifeguards did not even hesitate to assist her. He jumped in the water with his sunglasses, hat and everything. It was nice to see that he reacted so fast.

Liquid Lightning: It's a huge sideways cone-shaped bowl slide. It's orange and blue and you can see it from the parking lot. This is the most thrilling attraction at the park. On my visit, the longest I waited for this was about 25 minutes....not too bad. The drop on this slide is very steep and feels exactly like a steep drop on a roller coaster! Then once you exit the drop you slide over halfway up the bowl and experience some weightlessness then you slide back down through a shower of water and then you exit. Very very fun! I recommend you make this your first ride of the day.

Thunder Falls: This attraction is a 7 slide tower. It contains 4 tube slides and 3 body slides. The 4 tube slide are about 70-80 ft tall and the body slides are about 105 ft tall. I recommend the tube slides over the body slides just because you can actually see where you're going in 3 of the 4 tube slides. The Pink and Orange tube slides are the most thrilling and the yellow and blue are a little more mild but still fun. Pink has 2 back to back steep drops and Orange has one giant steep drop. Yellow is enclosed the whole way and Blue is open and will spin you around backwards and forwards. The body slides are very intense. I am a roller coaster enthusiast and rarely ever get scared on a coaster...however when it came to these body slides I was pretty scared. You cannot see where you're going and they are very forceful. It provides a good thrill...I would say a better thrill than from most rollercoasters. There are 3 slides which are green, aqua and purple. Purple is the most intense, aqua is the fastest and green is the longest. I recommend green being the best one in my opinion. My overall wait time for either body or tube slides was no more than 20 minutes. If you visit Thunder Falls ride all the slides before you move on.

Riptide Run(Lazy River): I went through this once. I did not bother with an innertube. The water seemed slower than a lot of other lazy rivers I went on, but it was relaxing. Life guards were all around the perimeter. There are areas that have overhead buckets that fill with water then tip over on you..I thought this was cool...unless you did not want your face/head to get wet.

Splash Landing: This is the "kid's area" of the park. It seemed very kid friendly. Me and my friend (we're both graduates) actually visted this part of the park just to get splashed by the huge bucket of water that tips over about every 5-10 minutes. It was very fun! There are 5 water slides there for the kids to ride and inside the jungle gym there are a bunch of water gun type things to spray people with. I would say if you have kids this would be heaven for them. This area of the park is also surrounded by hundreds of lounge chairs so you can easily relax, get some sun and keep an eye on your children.

Coral Cove: This attraction is located on the inside of the lazy river. Here there are water basketball hoops and giant floating lilly pads and crocodiles that you can float on. Not one of the attractions I would recommend but it was a decent time. Good for if you have a decent size group of people in your party.

Helpful Tips:

1. Bring a cooler and lawn chairs if you can, because you cannot bring a cooler into the park. (The food prices inside the park are pretty expensive) Just set up your chairs right by your car and grab a quick bite to eat before re-entering the park.

2. If you are paranoid with your belongings like I am, just keep them in the car. The only things you need to bring in are a towel and sunscreen. The park provides changing stations and showers to rinse off and I used these things at the end of the day. I just went out to my car and got my more valuable belongings and brought them in at the end of the day to change into before I left. If you are paranoid but aren't afraid to spend an extra 10$, purchase a locker to rent for the day to keep your belongings safe and sound.

3. Bring two of everything for everyone. Two towels, two suites, etc.

4. If it looks like it's going to rain you're fine. The park does not close any attractions if it rains. If it starts thundering and lightning the park will close its attractions till the last strike of lighting and wait 30 minutes to open back up.

I recommend this park. It's a good time and very inexpensive! Good for kids of all ages and families! Visit on a warm day during the week if you can.

Have fun!

10 Thank Connor R
Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Love Wildwater Kingdom!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am sure a lot of people remember this park for what used to be across the lake, but that does not mean you should not give this place a try! We LOVE visiting Wildwater Kingdom and do so at least once a week. You can't beat the price of a season pass and is a great way to spend the Summer, keep cool, have fun and create memories.

The park is always clean, has a very friendly staff and some of the best lifeguards around. We visit many water parks throughout the year and I have seen no lifeguards that compare to Wildwater Kingdom's, they really set the bar for safety.

They have a nice variety of attractions. Tube slides, body slides, a big funnel slide (one of the craziest things I have ever been on), a lazy river, kids play area, wave pool and some other attractions as well. They even have a whirlpool area which I have never seen at other parks and is really neat. Seeing as we do visit so often it would be nice if they finally did an expansion.

There are in park eateries, ice cream/smoothie shop and some gift shops too. There are also a lot of lounge chairs to relax in.

This is a wonderful place and I am so thankful to have Wildwater Kingdom nearby! It is one of my favorite water parks (and I have been to many!)

4 Thank OhioJewels
Fort Mill, SC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A small but neat waterpark”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

It was cold when we went (70 degrees) but that didn't keep our girls from enjoying themselves. (Ages11,9 & 7) Plenty of parking and restaurants nearby.

2 Thank ninja373