“Owner won't staff a bartender or a busser and the wait staff is completely incompetent !!!”

The Cabin Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cabin Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 45 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The maitre d mixed our drinks after seating us... Terrible watered down martinis!!! Waitress was overextended and impatient with our menu questions and the fact that she had to get us two glasses of wine, which came out in the dirtiest wine glasses I've ever seen. The fireplace logs burned out at 8:10 and that was it... The staff wanted to be done for the night... Never again!!!

1  Thank Patricia W

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Save yourself some aggravation restaurant service staff beyond bad. Incapable of delivering a hot meal hot or at least warm. be prepared to shave while waiting for service. save yourself some aggravation eat some hot dogs off a truck much better.

1  Thank DiniRocklandCounty
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We made a reservation three weeks in advance because this was for my birthday and a friend's birthday. Our reservation was for 7:30 and we were not seated until almost 8:30. No one ever came over to where we were sitting and waiting to offer us a drink or to say they were sorry. We watched other people leave that also had reservations. There was a leak in the ceiling where we were waiting that was dripping water. We found a seat to sit and wait and then were asked to move to a smaller table because they were trying to seat an actual table in the waiting area. Clearly, that party of 6 left and were not happy! Cabin did not care at all. Zero accommodations were made because of The Cabin clearly accepted too many reservations that evening.
Our server clearly had too many tables or was just rude. I travel a great deal and have been to many of the nicest fine dining restaurants in the world. I know what to expect. Our server was best suited for serving at a Steak and Shake based on her performance last night.
The food was ok. Not even close to great! The lobster appetizer was great. My tuna should have been called "peppercorn" because that was all you could taste.
The only nice thing I can say about this experience is that they decorate nicely for the holidays.
We like to go to The Cabin for special occasions. However, I will never return. I understand that the holidays are a busy time of year. When you make that big of a mistake with seating, the establishment should at least try to make you feel good about being there. Ultimately, a round of drinks were comped - but only after we asked. This used to be one of my favorite places in the area, never again.

1  Thank ATags36
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The lobster bisque and the mahi-mahi were very delicious. The atmosphere, (we ate on the patio) was lovely with the fresh air and waterfall. The staff was very friendly, very professional, and on top of everything.
The prices are quite high for what you get overall. I think if they went for a high grade middle priced restaurant, instead of a mid grade high priced one, they would hit the perfect balance here.
Still, very good food, very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Cabin is an awesome restaurant, great service, great food and friendly staff. They have great specials and wonderful seafood, steaks and drinks!!!

Been to The Cabin Restaurant? Share your experiences!