“WHAT????? a changed menu! Where's my favorite entree????????”

The Cabin Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cabin Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 43 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I know it happens almost everywhere, especially when a new chef arrives.... that's a new menu along with new pricing! Just explain one thing to me.... if a restaurant is known for certain entrees and due to changes at the restaurant, that dish is removed from the menu.....who in their right mind would go back?????? NOT ME!!!!! The Cabin has just lost several GOOD customers!!!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went to the Cabin before going to the Cinemark movie theater down the street. The food was amazing, I had the fish special and my fiancé had the lobster ravioli, both were excellent. We started with the lobster martini, was delicious . We finished with the chocolate angel cake dessert which was one of the best desserts I have ever had. The service was great and the atmosphere was very relaxing, will definitely dine there again and recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves delicious, freshly prepared food.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were 1 of only three couples dining in the entire restaurant. Though we had a reservation we were offered 2 poor seating options in a room of tables: a large table set for 4 but could easily seat 5 comfortably, or a smaller table set in a doorway. There was a cold draft on my legs and feet so that I put my coat around my legs and my husband's coat around my shoulders and arms. We ordered one of the evening's specials, mahi and scallops over roasted pepper risotto. The scallops were tough and fishy tasting, the mahi tough and barley warm, the risotto was closer to white rice with chunks of bell pepper. Ordered iced tea-had only bottled, not fresh. I've been to many restaurants with wood burning ovens, this is the only one that left my coat, clothes and hair reeking of smoke. Judging by the two huge TVs mounted on the walls the next step down for Mario's is to become a sports bar! This used to be a very good restaurant in a beautiful old house. Could not wait to leave. Such a disappointment! Such a shame!

1  Thank TMG1985
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good meal, server was worthless. Fish and filet were very tasty and cooked to perfection..issue with meal credit not handled correctly by server

1  Thank Tburgmb
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We had dinner at the Cabin last night and it was so frustrating. The service was terrrible: very slow, very unprofessional and lacked polish, didn't remove dirty dishes before bringing more food. The talented pianist played so loud we couldn't hear each other talk. The food: average. We won't be eating at the Cabin again.

1  Thank lita W