“This place is awesome! I don't know whats up with the other reviews!”

The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I don't know whats up with the other reviews, I'm honestly shocked. I'm so glad I didn't listen to them. I bought the rooms on a third party site that sold the rooms at a very LOW price. I stayed here from Friday-Sunday.

I was so happy with everything. My room was clean and everything worked. There was NO odor that some other reviewer wrote about. Now maybe I stayed in a renovated room but it looked very nice. It had a flat screen tv, a fridge and a microwave - A+++ for that!! Room was nice and quiet, fell asleep very quickly. It had a complimentary breakfast (cereals, bagels, toast, coffee etc.) and there was free parking. Oh there was free wifi in my room as well.

The location was awesome. I came down from Toronto and it was close to many outlets and a drive from downtown. I've stayed at expensive chain hotels and didn't have as much fun as when I stayed here. This was my first experience in an Inn and I recommend it.

The staff was super friendly too. Very kind man helped my dad with a remote issue. I think these bad reviews do it such injustice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank NurseRM
Lisa Z, Management at The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear NurseRM,
Thank you so much for sharing the great experience you had at our hotel! I apologize for the delay in thanking you for your review. The feedback that we get from our guests is always appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed everything that our hotel has to offer, including the awesome location. Hopefully you were able to explore some of what Aurora has to offer during your stay. The outlet shopping plaza is always a wonderful place to spend your afternoon.

We take pride in excelling in cleanliness and customer service. I’m glad that we could exceed your expectations in those categories. You should like the renovations and improvements we have planned! We hope you visit again soon to see all of the changes that we will be making.

There are newer reviews for The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I usually can go with the flow but this time....NO I wonder who actually stayed at the Hotel(INN) to really recommend this as a destination choice. The customer service was wonderful but how much can a person apologize for old, out dated, a little scary décor. I took pictures... My grand children said Grandma what kind of place is this it smells... I tried to run the air-condition thinking maybe the room was just musty, it still had a odor of old and musty. 1 lamp one light bulb in a two fixture lamp, extension cords representing additional outlets....need I say more like I said If you need pictures I have those to. I just feel sad for the employees because they were extremely kind and patient even though there efforts probably were in vain. Elnora D.

Room Tip: Stay with a known brand.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Lisa Z, Management at The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Elnora D,

We apologize for the delay in replying to your review. Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that your customer service experience was great, but apologize for the room condition that you experienced. My company, Riley Hotel Group, just took over management for the new ownership group of the hotel in April. We have many great renovations and updates planned for the property in the coming months. We have already started to make noticeable changes throughout the hotel and are excited to continue with these.

We hope that you do return so that you are able to see all of the great changes and updates that we will be doing.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I never even got stay at the #AuroraInn. I was given a #DealChicken certificate as a gift for a Murder Mystery overnight with breakfast and dinner. I've been trying since January to redeem it. When I've been able to actually speak to someone who is willing to give me information (which is rare), I've been told no such evenings were available, with no offer to redeem the voucher for any other services. After three months of calls I finally asked for a refund and they told me call Deal Chicken. Deal Chicken is now telling me that the Aurora Inn has said the voucher was already used, which is a lie. Neither the Aurora Inn or DealChicken has given me a refund as yet, but I will continue to fight and spread my experiences with the lack of helpfulness of both parties on social media until the money is refunded.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Wow- from peoples reviews this place would appear to be the worst place ever. It isn't! In fact, this place offers deals that are the best in the industry. I was traveling to Cleveland on my own dime and looking for an inexpensive place. I booked a super secret hotel deal on another website for the price of a meal at a casual restaurant. I checked TripAdvisor and was worried but still stayed. Is it the Ritz, Caesars, or the Waldorf Astoria? No- but it did fit my needs which are (1) super comfy large bed (2) flat screen tv with lots of channels (3) cleanliness (4) hot water and heat. The room and furniture were older but the bathroom and mattress were updated. I toured the property and this is a fascinating place. I did not get the Shining vibe- I felt pretty safe. Was the breakfast lean? Well yeah but look at the cost of your room. I am sorry if the pool is bad but all in all, this inn gave me an excellent deal at an unheard of price. Lower your expectations of luxury and chain amenities and you will be pleasantly surprised....I was. And 90% of the time I stay at chains.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Anthony G

Anthony G,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your review. Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience while staying with us. The history of the Aurora Inn is indeed fascinating! It has been operating since the 1920's and was actually used as a stagecoach stop in the 1800's!

We have some major renovations in store over the next couple of months, including changes to the breakfast selection. We do hope that on your next trip to Cleveland you do stop in again and stay with us, you'll be amazed at the changes that we have planned!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

After dealing with some stressful issues including the death of a loved one my husband and I were looking forward to a one night getaway. Unfortunately staying here only added more stress. The room was not very clean, there was no hot water, the restaurant was not open and the pool water was cloudy and the area smelled of mold. The staff was also very unfriendly! I cannot believe this place is even allowed to be open under the conditions it is operating under.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We went to Aurora Farms Outlet to shop and the Aurora Inn appeared to be quite close to it. We booked it via Hotwire and the price was very reasonable. Although it looked a bit old and outdated, it met our basic needs with a nice swimming pool.

Room Tip: asked for the 2nd floor room; it's newer and better
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We purchased a living social coupon for 3 month family member to their Aquatic Area. Accordingly to their site, it is a new updated luxurious inn that offers a fitness center, pool with whirlpool, and sauna. Not only does the whirlpool and sauna not work, the pool area is COVERED in mold. The rafters have A LOT OF black-colored mold and the ceilings by the bathrooms are covered in mold. It smells of horrible mold. The water looked alright, but I fear what the quality of it is. My kids who are both severely allergic to mold got sick. My one son got sick to his stomach both times we were there and my other son constantly sneezed. I can't comment on the hotel as we didn't not say there, but I would never ever stay there. I would rather sleep in my car.

It is said as this place probably could be a very nice place. I am in contact with the hotel now to get my $49 back as we will never go back there again to swim. I don't know how Aurora allows them to open and sell memberships to their so called "Aquatic Center"

If there is one positive comment, the girl at the front desk was very nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay here or swim here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dustin P
Nina P, Director of Sales at The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

I appreciate your comments and concerns. As we are doing huge renovations around the inn, I thank you for your utmost patience with us and sincerely apologize for your disappointment in our swimming area. Our pool is our biggest project and the renovations surrounding it are proving to be a large undertaking. We aim to please our guests and satisfy our customers to the best of our ability and I regret not being able to do so for you and your family. Thank you for your suggestions, please contact us if you have any questions or comments!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Bertram Inn and Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Southeast Streetsboro

Been to The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!