“Noisy but nice”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was good although they were out of a few selections on the menu. Very noisy atmosphere couldn't hear my husband across the table.

2  Thank kmb0522
There are newer reviews for Mad Jack's Grill and Pub

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

...after lots of hype I was underwhelmed. Unhelpful server who was indifferent to allergy questions. Few options - everything seemed to have cheese or gluten, and the delicious steak (excellent actually) wasn't what I was hungry for. I will try one more time.

1  Thank sabelosimone
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Parking may be a bit of a challenge when attending Mad Jack's during peak hours, but it is well worth finding a spot. The restaurant is in an old house in the heart of Aurora. The decor is warm and inviting. During warmer months, there is a patio out front for dining also.

The menu has enough different options to tempt anyone. All of us had the slow braised short ribs with a black vinegar sauce, real mashed potatoes, and green beans. The ribs were very tender and the sauce was a burst of mouth-watering flavor. I also had the goat cheese salad which was perfect with dinner. And, the pumpkin cheesecake topped off the excellent fall meal with a rich, creamy texture and just the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor.

Our waitress, Melanie, took great care of us refilling drinks, making suggestions, taking way plates, etc.

The owner of the restaurant can be seen taking care of the customers and talking with them. We will be back many times!

1  Thank Angie_Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This was a wonderful dining experience. I took my family out for dinner after school and I felt like a guest in a lovely home! The short ribs were amazing as was the goat cheese salad. Everything was excellent!!

1  Thank Lesliewin
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Dined there on a recent overnight simply due to its proximity to our hotel- and were BLOWN AWAY!! The menu, the décor and ambiance, the food and the service were all phenomenal! Will definitely return!

1  Thank Jeff C