Inn Walden
$107
ComfortSuites
$95
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe barnloft suitesteam showermy husbandspa treatmentsevery morningupon checkrelaxing weekendnext morningnever disappointsgreat spaannual tripcelebrating our anniversarynearby restaurantstop of the lineservice was impeccableheaven on earth
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I have been here several times and truly love the laid-back atmosphere. The suites are large, staff is very accommodating and very friendly. Best features are the little details that make you feel pampered...turn-down service with a rose on your pillow. Champagne and tea lights beside your Jacuzzi tub when you have been chauffeured back from an amazing dinner at The Barn. And we love waking up to complimentary homemade muffins hanging on your door in a basket with the morning newspaper. This little gem is the perfect romantic overnight/weekend getaway for two!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I went here for our anniversary for 1 night on a Saturday in October. We arrived at 12:15 and our room was available which was nice. We had the standard suite (room 7) which was very large. No fireplace but large bathroom and big sitting area with sofa. We had a couples spa package at the spa from 1:00-5:00. My wife was beyond thrilled with spa. The couples suite is enormous. A huge jacuzzi with a shower and steam, the massage tables were heated and actually recline which I've never seen before. I had a 90 minute massage with Nikki and 60 minute scrub with Carly. Both were great. My wife had 90 minute massage and then a pedicure. She said the pedicure was the best she ever had. They had some dark chocolates in the room for us, as well a bottled water, robes, towels, lotions, soaps, shampoo to shower, and just about anything you would need. A nice touch too was champagne in the suite when we arrived. Only problem my wife had was her vision was blurry after getting up from the massage table when done. She asked for some solution to help her contacts, but nobody ever came back. Took a few hours for eyes to clear up. After our services we went to dinner to the Barn. They take you in a car (mercedes) over to dinner which is a 2 minute drive. Nice touch to take us in the car but it was filthy in the backseat. I can't believe it's not cleaned at least once a week. Looks like it had not been cleaned in 3 weeks. Dinner was excellent though. Extremely good. We got some movie rentals that were complimentary to watch in the room (they have a theater but it was not available). When got back in the room with movies, they had turned down the room with our robes on the bed, had chocolate strawberries for us, and a bottle of champagne. Very very nice. In the morning, there was a basket with 2 chocolate chip muffins outside our door with a newspaper. Breakfast was also included at the blue ribbon cafe and was phenomenal. Best french toast Ive ever had. However, the biggest downside of the night here was the shower was dirty. The drain was filled with hair and obviously was never cleaned or was overlooked. For the price paid, this is completely unacceptable. When I told someone named Mike he gave an apology but did not seem concerned at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JFG0180
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Inn Walden for the second time in August. Finding the hotel using our GPS placed us in a private community blocks away from the actual property, happened to other guests we spoke to as well. The hotel signage is extremely poor, especially on this 2-lane dark road. The lighting in our suite was extremely poor, having to use a flashlight to set the coffee pot in our room. Bath floor mats and towels in need of replacing. In addition, my husband took a terrible fall coming in from a damp garden patio area into their "library" seriously hurting himself, they are not prepared for emergencies like this and the GM has yet to reach out to us even when we wrote them last September 16th, except for a text message asking how he was.
The dinner was barely acceptable and costly. On the bright side, the SPA massages were outstanding and our breakfast was superior.
Peggy M- Carlsbad, CA

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peggy M
Reviewed October 21, 2013

what a wonderful surprise! 40 minutes outside of Cleveland, this Inn is located in the beautiful countryside of Ohio with horses, exceptional golf, great spa and the friendliest people! You can enjoy drinks or dinner while watching horses being worked. The staff, while young (typically college aged) are exceptional, attentive to your every need. The rooms/suites were larger than my first apartment!

a must visit!

Room Tip: upstairs room overlooking the fields (not the road) are a must
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just got back from a long weekend at Inn Walden. The Inn is great and the staff at the inn is very friendly and obliging (especially Tyler!) Our suite was beautiful - i HIGHLY recommend booking an Equestrian Suite - the suite has a beautiful walk in shower with jets all over the place and a large inviting spa tub. In addition it has a lovely outside sitting area and a fireplace. The service at the hotel is really excellent - the turndown service includes a complimentary bottle of wine and cookies. The spa is nothing short of amazing. we've been to spas all over the world in very nice hotels but this was the best so far - when you arrive for your appointment you are brought to your spa suite, which has a steam shower and a jet tub all set up for you. You are given 30 minutes before and after your treatment to enjoy the room. The room also has a tea kettle and grooming products. The massage I got was great - really great and being able to slip into a hot jet tub afterwards was great! So now the only negative - the service at the restaurants was really, really lacking. The first night we ate at The Club. The service was horrid - I mean almost so bad as to be funny. Our server claimed to be new, which is fine, I would have given her a break for that, but it wasn't just a lack of experience, it was incompetence. An example: I asked how the fish was prepared, she said "um. . . . sauteed?" Another server was walking by and said "no, we can prepare it anyway you like, grilled, blackened, baked - whatever." And that's just one example. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong, did. At the end of the meal I was unable to express my unhappiness in the tip because the tip was already included - which was annoying. I didn't want to tip 20% but I was forced too. The breakfast was also an issue - the food was fine but the service was slow. On our second day, we waited 45 minutes after ordering and when the food showed up it was baked to a crisp as though it had been under hot lights for a long, long time. We also ate at the Barn. The food was great, but the service was just OK. And, I would feel remiss if I didn't comment on the fact that the women's menu were different then the men's menus. The women's menus, had no prices. Seriously? In 2013? Seriously??? but - aside from all that - Inn Walden and Spa Walden are amazing places and I highly recommend a stay there. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: Book an equestrian suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple