“Loved our stay with only slight issues....”
Review of Inn Walden

Inn Walden
Ranked #1 of 1 Aurora B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed for two evenings in a Loft Suite, which was beautiful. Although the suite was very large -- 1,250 SF -- it did not have a microwave. We found this to be the only thing that should be added....we had some microwaveable snacks with us that we needed to throw out. Another slight issue was that nobody remembered to tell us that breakfast was included with our stay. Our first evening, I called the front desk because I recalled reading that breakfast was included in the email confirmation, but I thought it was odd that it was not mentioned upon our arrival or in the packet of information in the room -- we also had to call to learn where it was located in the morning. Last, we were a bit disappointed to learn that a pool was not located on-site...they offered to drive us to a pool apparently located a short drive away, but that's not the same. With all the property at the Inn, why not build a small pool for guests? The above could have been better explained on their website.

Now, with all that said, we will definitely be back. The suite was amazing. The turn-out service in the evenings, and the special items included with that, was very much appreciated. We also had a couples massage at the Spa.....we have been at some of the best known spas in the country and our experience here was comparable, especially because of the experience before and after the massage, relaxing in your private room (e.g., hot-tub, steam shower). Breakfast was very good. The Aurora Farms Outlet Mall is also less than a 5 minute drive away.

Again, the listed concerns will not keep us from coming back, but I feel they should be noted for others trying to learn as much as they can before reserving a room. They were also just enough to keep me from giving the highest ranking of 5, but I am sure my experience next time will be that 5 if not even better.....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank goohiostate
There are newer reviews for Inn Walden

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I recently checked out from a quick July getaway after visiting family in Toledo. From arrival to departure, we found every member of the staff well trained, professional and ready to assist. As a hospitality professional, I understand how difficult it is to maintain a top knotch service team, especially in rural areas.
Hats off the the Inn Walden team, what a wonderful visit we had. We will be back gain, for sure.

Room Tip: Ask about their bedding, it is among the most comfortable and luxurious I have ever slept in
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank resortmanagercbi
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Was visiting the in-laws in Cleveland for the week and went to Inn Walden for one night to getaway from the kids. Read on-line about its "5 diamond" service and was greeted by one of the rudest receptionists when we arrived to the hotel at noon. We had spa services and a golf tee time at 1 pm so we arrived at noon. Although not expecting to get a room, literally the first thing that came out of Karen's mouth was "We dont have any rooms available. The guests just checked out 2 minutes ago. You will just need to come back". Very rude tone, no alternatives offered, and then a bellman came out to tell us she made a mistake and our room was available. Again - no apologies from Karen and no tour of the resort, or explanation of the activities, etc...

Room was nice although we found a used q-tip in the magazines on the couch table.

Needless to say, the rest of the stay was not much better. If you are a golfer, expect to be overcharged (120 bucks) for a non-imaginative layout with no elevation changes, kids running around the course and limited service at the clubhouse. Wifey said the spa treatments were average - nothing to write home about.

All in all, pretty disappointing. But then again, this is Cleveland so maybe we shouldn't have expected better?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BigLeagueC
Innwalden, General Manager at Inn Walden, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your review of Inn Walden on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to learn about your recent experience during your stay with us. I believe that this may have been a misunderstanding and our staff prides itself on always being professional and courteous.

I would like to reiterate my apologies that your experience was not what it should have been. We can only hope that this will not discourage you from returning to Inn Walden for a future visit. We would welcome the opportunity to be of service to you again and restore your confidence in our hospitality.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Spa Walden is my personal favorite. I send my clients/family here all the time.
Management is accountable and friendly, and the therapists know what they're doing.
Exceptional facility - Don't pass this one up

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Gary E
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Spa and Sushi - not a combination I would normally put together, other than they both start with the letter "S" of course. However, I've noticed the spa offering this event monthly, and happened to be traveling through Ohio on another business trip and decided to give it a try. This is my 5th visit to Spa Walden, and as a self-appointed Spa Savvy Critic have consistently had my most memorable and enjoyable services here, and look for any opportunity to try something new.

Back to the Sushi - this "Appetizer" event is even parts food and spa in a casually paced atmosphere. . Not only is the selection of cuisine excellent and expansive, so was the selection of spa services! What a fun, unique take on Spa! Leave it to Spa Walden to come up with something so inventive.

If you've never been to this spa before, what takes my breath away each and every time is that it feels nurturing, warm, private, professional and first class. My past experiences have included facial services with Cheri ~ who offered skin tips that I practice daily, and massage with Dan ~ who transformed this migrane sufferer into someone who could face the world. Nail services are in private rooms (with flat screen TV's no less), and Hair services are consultative.....so, if like me you want help deciding your next look - an expert advisor will gently guide you. Unfortunately I've neglected to name some of the other outstanding Therapists, but I have forgotten their names - shame on me, it wont happen again!

Though Ohio is a long way from my home in Hawaii - I look forward to my return visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tonya C
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Beautiful spa, worst spa experience in my life in the world of travel. My eyebows are now 2 different lengths and they were not allowed to tint them as I had requested. I also had a bad hair experience. I will never go back to the spa again. This is the worst spa experince I have ever had.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
12  Thank susan c
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My fiance took me here for my birthday present. We looked at having our wedding at this location, but the atmosphere was a little too country for what we wanted. It's a gorgeous property though and definitely a relaxing way to spend a weekend. We started out with an hour couple's massage in a room that had a steam shower and tub. We were unaware of the features of the massage room so we weren't prepared to take advantage of them. The room we stayed in for the night was very nice, but as a sometimes modest person I was a little put off by the fact that the glass shower was at the end of the room. I feel like it should have a partition or something that can close off the shower/bath area if you want it to be more private. I can't imagine everyone would feel comfortable showering in the room with someone else there. The shower itself was quite nice with 6 different shower heads, but it was a little complicated to use and I couldn't keep the temperature to stay warm enough. Overall, it was a very relaxing weekend and a very nice place to stay. I would have given it a better rating if I wasn't so weirded out by the shower situation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CarmenH2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Hilton Cleveland Downtown
Hilton Cleveland Downtown
#3 of 38 in Cleveland

Been to Inn Walden? Share your experiences!