Rooms aren't that impressive. You'd think for a spa type of setting, things would be upgraded and be a little cleaner. The Cabin was nice and it was nice to sit and relax while eating dinner. Dinner was good. It wasn't great, just good. I ordered a pasta dish that was supposed to come with chicken. It didn't come with the chicken. Someone in the kitchen forgot to add the main part of the dish! Did they do anything to 'make up' for me paying for something I didn't get??? Nope! Gee thanks for going above and beyond to make my stay so enjoyable. Then my husband and I get back to the room to relax and the 4 hens above us come back drunk from the bar and think they're in Vegas! It seemed like everyone around us came back drunk and decided it was a good idea to take a whirlpool at 1 in the morning! Bottom line, if you do go, ask for a top floor room. It was so loud I couldn't believe it. Someone finally did complain and the 60 year old Sex and the City wanna be's did quite down around 1:30 am. Oh, and the best part of the stay...our neighbor didn't think anyone could hear him farting in the whilrpool tub. I know the hotel can't control who stays there and gets drunk and parties all night, but it's not that type of hotel...if you're going to do that, go somewhere else! We checked out very early after our small and unsatisfying continental breakfast. When we checked out, no one asked how our stay was or anything. Well, I certainly will let them know today!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mario's Spa is a very quaint historical building from the 1840's when, at that time was a stage coach stop for travelers heading West. The guest quarters of the private 14 room hotel have Victorian styled decor & provide gracious accommodations where comfort and hospitality are our primary concern. Guest rooms are luxuriously embellished, each offering personal in-room whirlpool baths complete with every convenient amenity. The Hotel Suite with fireplace will provide your sanctuary for the ultimate repose. For a spa retreat, the business traveler, groups, weddings, or a tranquil getaway, the Spa Hotel is a haven for those seeking solitude and has entertained many celebrities. Spa Hotel dining offers the rustic elegance of our Cabin Restaurant and Courtyard. The restaurant serves an array of fresh, hearth baked pizzas to astounding homemade pasta selections and grilled to perfection steak, chops and seafood. The Cabin cuisine specializes in quality with all menu items prepared to specification on the premises.AURORA: The word in its original Greek context refers to "a new beginning." With the completion of the refurbishment of the original Aurora Spa, we are entering into an age of "a new beginning." Mario's Aurora Spa is our Grande Spa. The Aurora Spa was Mario's first spa, opened 35 years ago, making Mario's one of the early creators of day spas.Our historic building has warmth and charm that can't be found in modern environments. You can partake of your services in the warm glow of one of our 7 fireplaces and unwind in our Grotto - our newly renovated all stone whirlpool and Finnish sauna. Enjoy a scrumptious and healthy meal in our Furno - our private spa restaurant where you can dine in the comfort of your robe and slippers!Personalized attention to our guests, a team of professional technicians and therapists and our renowned commitment to provide exceptional spa experiences has earned Mario's Spas the award of #1 day spa nationally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Mario's International Spa and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mario`s International Hotel Aurora
- Marios International Hotel
- Marios International Spa Aurora
- Mario's International Spa And Hotel Aurora, Ohio