Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Hometown Inn(Athens)(Great Value!)
$55
$109
Hotels.com
Burr Oak Lodge and Conference Center(Glouster)(Great Value!)
$149
$129
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsohio universityfront deskplace to stayfull service hotelmy daughternice restaurantou campusrooms are largefire pitthe general managera great staydowntown athensoutdoor patioi highly recommend this hotelfirst flooralma materstaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding block. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were nicely sized and clean. Nothing remarkable, but a very good, solid place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I stayed at the OU Inn for a recent conference. Rooms are older, but clean, and staff is helpful and friendly. It is extremely convenient to Ohio University and the Baker Conference center - a nice walk in good weather.

The fitness center is small, but nicely appointed (a stability ball would be a great addition).

Cutler's Restaurant is average. Avoid the hot items on the breakfast buffet - I believe the scrambled eggs are powdered - order them separately (if you prefer over-easy, poached, etc., they are included in the price of the buffet and you know you are getting the real thing).

The house salad is lovely, but I only ate dinner in the restaurant one night and had the chicken pot pie. Good concept with the puff-pastry top, which was nicely baked, but the filling was thick and pasty and severly lacked any kind of seasoning. My friend had the filet, which she loved and was cooked perfectly to order. Restaurant staff is very friendly and prompt.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2009

As an alumna, I’m a frequent guest of the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center and I’m always thrilled with my experience. The rooms are pristine; the food is deliciously gourmet and the service staff exceptionally pleasant. I loved it enough to have my wedding there in 2001. My recent visit back to campus and the OU Inn was great, as ususal.

You can’t beat the proximity to OU – it’s literally within walking distance, even for those who don’t like to walk – and its charming atmosphere is quintessential Athens. Make sure to try the Sunday brunch! You can get omelets made to your specifications that are perfectly cooked.

I consider the OU Inn the only place I’ll stay in Athens. It’s a great hotel with fabulous staff there to serve your every need.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveljunkiegirl_9
Reviewed January 31, 2009

My daughter had scheduled an interview at OU in January, one day after the Great Midwestern Ice Storm. Travel issues notwithstanding, the stay at the Inn was pleasant for the two days
we were there. The rooms are spacious and clean. There is a coffee unit in the room. The heating system was a bit loud and bothersome, probably more noticed by us because it had to run constantly due to the single digit weather. We ate a simple,
pleasant breakfast each morning and had a fantastic, moderately priced dinner at Cutler's one evening. Even though itwas a hotel restaurant, it was much better than the other dinner we had in town, at a place called Stephen's. Stephen's was a step above Olive Garden while Cutler's served wonderful, sophisiticated sauces on their pasta. The Chop Salad was wonderful and the wine list was decent. If my daughter attends OU, this is definitely the place we'll stay when we come visit.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 5, 2008

I stayed at the OU Inn on a Monday-My collegues and I wanted to stay at a hotel that had a restaurant and this is the ONLY hotel in Athens that has one. From the point we got to the hotel to the time we checked out all of us were very impressed. The hotel is in good shape(I think they just renovated), the grounds are well kept, and the location is great. The rooms are top quality-what one would expect from a Marriott or Hyatt and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is built arround a center courtyard(with a pool) they is well landscaped and a nice place to relax(the restaurant even has an outside patio-although it wasn't open in November).

The best feature turned out to be the restaurant. It seems it is one of the best in Athens. Our dinner far exceeded our expectations-much better than what one would find at '4 star' chain hotels. There is also a seperate bar-and the bartender is GREAT! He seemed to know everyone in the place and was very friendly.

When we checked out the person at the desk mentioned that the hotel has been there for a long time and is owned by the University. That probably explains why it is so nice-instead of somebody trying to run it from a central office 100's of miles away the owners are right next door and keeping an eye on things!

Needless to say when I return to Athens I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ac582ROCK