Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Hometown Inn(Athens)(Great Value!)
$55
$109
Hotels.com
Burr Oak Lodge and Conference Center(Glouster)(Great Value!)
$149
$129
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsohio universityfront deskplace to stayfull service hotelmy daughternice restaurantou campusrooms are largefire pitthe general managera great staydowntown athensoutdoor patioi highly recommend this hotelfirst flooralma materstaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2008

*If you are in Athens, Ohio for business with Ohio University, the Ohio University Inn is a wonderful place to stay. It's practically on the university campus and has a wonderful bar and restaurant called Bunch of Grapes. If you're traveling alone and/or just want casual dining, the bartender, Steve, will make you feel right at home. The dining room, Cutler's, offers great food. Check it out!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2006

We cancelled a reservation with Amerihost Inn because OU Inn was actually LESS expensive on peak weekend Oct 28-30.
(Amerihost $180 w/AAA discount, and OU INN $150 w/AAA).

No problem with check-in, even though arrived late. Room was very clean, beds were frim but pillow topped and the best I have slept in since Westin-brand heavenly beds.

No fridge/microwave.
We did have a small leak in our ceiling from AC pipe condensation dripping onto bathroom floor, and manager came to check it out appx 3 am. Took half off our bill as we were settled in for the night. (w tax we paid $80). They were quick to address the issue and tried their best to solve it.

Lovely restaurant, very romantic (Cutlers?). Vegetarian friendly.

Very quiet hotel for peak weekend, even though fully booked.

Will book again for next year's annual visit and for biz trips in the future.

No frequent stay program.

Does allow pets, just request when booking.

WE WILL BE RETURNING IN NEXT FEW MONTHS.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank ou_alumna
Reviewed October 26, 2006

The OU Inn is, regrettably, the best hotel in Athens. The hotels in this town are few and far between. I was given the wrong key card and tried to enter a room that was already occupied by a man. I unlocked his door and tried to enter, but he had the bolt lock on. When he came to the door, I was so embarrased. He must have called the front desk immediately because the manager appeared out of nowhere with my correct key cards. Not a good experience.

I was in town to be with my daughter who had to have a medical procedure and had a long trip driving from the other end of the state. They assured me that although the next day was booked solid, I would have no problem with getting a room. They took my cell phone number and said they would call me as soon as they knew something. I never heard from them and called at least five times during the day, trying to get a room booked. I never did get a room for the next night. I was disappointed with my room, it was very dusty and the bed spreads had stains on them. I killed a roach crawling on the bathroom floor at 11:00 p.m. Not what you would expect from a "nice" hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank Laurie1976
Reviewed August 23, 2006

I stayed here recently for two nights. I have nothing but good things to say. Check in was easy, the room was nice (we had two rooms, one had very nice, modern decor the other was rather old and boring) and the pool was great. What else can you ask for in Athens, Ohio??

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank HappytoGo
Reviewed January 21, 2006

I stayed one night at the Inn and had room service for breakfast and lunch,both meals were delicious and served hot. The room was large enough that I was able to work at the desk. The room was clean.Most of all every one was very friendly and helpful.I would highly recommend the Inn. If you are ther to see the college you are at a very convient location, but far enough away to insure a quiet night.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business