“OU inn november 2012” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Uba, MG
“OU inn november 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The location is really good. You are about 5 minutes walk from any of the main OU buildings like the convo, baker center, peden stadium and also a couple more minutes from Buffalo Wild Wings and other bars/restaurants. The hotel has a very decent service although I could not try all of them as I was traveling with a group and we had some dedicated breakfast room and personel. The breakfast options were not very different from the typical american food: bacon, scrumbled eggs and other variations of fat food (we were server hamburgers on breakfast!!!). There were some little fruits and juice options as well. The only inconvenience was that we were accomodated in a room located in the side of the building and we had to walk out of the hotel to get to the room. Yes, if we came from the front desk we had to get out of the main building on a side exit and get in again using another side entrance. This was not very pleasant in a really cold november week (temperatures were always between low 30s and 20s). I can't really tell about pricing as this trip was part of an MBA programme taken in Brazil. I would stay there again if I was planning another trip to visit OU.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I visited Athens for a second annual reunion trip with a friend and my sister, all alumni. The OU Inn was a great price, convenient location and very comfortable. The front desk employees were kind, helpful and accommodating. They called a cab for us when we got there (to go uptown) and easily split our bill the next day for easy payment among us. Definitely will go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at the Inn in Oct 2012. It's a perfect location for visiting the university, but also close to other sites and things to do. I was pleased with everything the first night. The next day, after alerting the maid to a small housekeeping issue (really not a big deal) I received a nice note of apology and a plate of cheese, crackers and fruit from the staff. Not necessary, but I enjoyed it!! I only ate breakfast in the restaurant - but the Pumpkin Bread French Toast is out of this world! All interactions with staff were pleasant - I had a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great place to stay at Ohio University. Your close to everything and the restaurant is very well worth ever penny. Extra clean rooms and the staff is more than accommodating . When we come back we will stay at no other place than here!! Outstanding!!

Room Tip: Do not forget your 10% off coupon when you go to dinner. The meals were great and you get your money...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Glenview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great place to stay at Ohio University. Your close to everything and the restaurant is over the top. Very clean rooms and the staff is very accommodating to your needs. The room was ready upon my arrival, being Dad's Weekend, they were very busy, however there was no delay in getting to my room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
McConnelsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ohio University Inn celebrating our wedding anniversary. Our suite was beautiful and very well appointed - updated with two balconies overlooking the pool area. We were treated like royalty be the staff, as well as the general manager and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We prefer a room with a balcony overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at OU Inn twice in the last few months and both times the rooms have been clean and comfortable. I only gave it a 3 out of 5 because on my first stay the rooms were not ready until 8pm. Although drinks and a discount were given it didn't make up for our plans being ruined. The second stay I had to call and confirm rooms 3 different times to make sure the reservations were correct. When I stayed on Saturday they seemed to be correct but now my credit card has been charged 3 times for only 2 rooms. My best recommendation...don't stay there with a group and if you have to, make your own reservations and do NOT change them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Hometown Inn
Hometown Inn
#7 of 10 in Athens
3.5 of 5 stars 37 reviews

Been to Ohio University Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!