“Great service, pleasant and friendly, good food.”

Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at the Inn in Oct 2012. It's a perfect location for visiting the university, but also close to other sites and things to do. I was pleased with everything the first night. The next day, after alerting the maid to a small housekeeping issue (really not a big deal) I received a nice note of apology and a plate of cheese, crackers and fruit from the staff. Not necessary, but I enjoyed it!! I only ate breakfast in the restaurant - but the Pumpkin Bread French Toast is out of this world! All interactions with staff were pleasant - I had a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ohio University Inn & Conference Center

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great place to stay at Ohio University. Your close to everything and the restaurant is very well worth ever penny. Extra clean rooms and the staff is more than accommodating . When we come back we will stay at no other place than here!! Outstanding!!

Room Tip: Do not forget your 10% off coupon when you go to dinner. The meals were great and you get your money...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great place to stay at Ohio University. Your close to everything and the restaurant is over the top. Very clean rooms and the staff is very accommodating to your needs. The room was ready upon my arrival, being Dad's Weekend, they were very busy, however there was no delay in getting to my room

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ohio University Inn celebrating our wedding anniversary. Our suite was beautiful and very well appointed - updated with two balconies overlooking the pool area. We were treated like royalty be the staff, as well as the general manager and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We prefer a room with a balcony overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at OU Inn twice in the last few months and both times the rooms have been clean and comfortable. I only gave it a 3 out of 5 because on my first stay the rooms were not ready until 8pm. Although drinks and a discount were given it didn't make up for our plans being ruined. The second stay I had to call and confirm rooms 3 different times to make sure the reservations were correct. When I stayed on Saturday they seemed to be correct but now my credit card has been charged 3 times for only 2 rooms. My best recommendation...don't stay there with a group and if you have to, make your own reservations and do NOT change them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The OU Inn is the closest hotel to the Ohio Univeristy campus. It is located just off of the freeway near the west side of campus. Athough it is an older hotel, it is very clean and modern. While there is nothing exceptionally "special" about the hotel, it is very comfortable, relaxing, and quiet. The rooms are spacious enough, the beds are comfortable, and there is free wi-fi in the rooms. There is no shuttle to campus, but the walk is only a half mile (give or take a bit depending on where you are walking to). The staff was friendly and, except for the bath towels being a bit "scratchy", I have no complaints. The stay is well worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed. Like the property.

Had a steak on a previous stay that was so outta sight that I went back the next night and had the same thing.

Room's okay. Functional, clean. In room coffee's bad, bring your own tea bag or Starbucks singles.

My only beef...I have bad sinuses. Bedding smells like chlorine. Last time I stayed there I was going to remember not to again because it stuffs me up and I sleep poorly. I forgot. My bad.

NOTE: to be fair, the pillows are awesome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
#2 of 10 in Athens
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens
Baymont Inn & Suites Athens
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan

Been to Ohio University Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!