I just finished my third stay at the OU Inn.
My daughter is a student and this is by far the most convenient place to stay, just off campus. You don't have to deal with the hassle and expense of parking.
Check in is smooth. Employees are courteous. Room is very clean. Furniture is standard issue hotel furniture. Wireless is good. Bed and linens are very comfortable but pillow is just ok. Couch is pretty uncomfortable, very short from front to back and I'm 5'2". My room had a small balcony with 2 chairs overlooking the nice outdoor patio and pool area.
My only problem was that housekeeping was a little loud in the hall. I was awakened by them wanting to clean my room at around 9:30- my fault because I had not put out my do not disturb hang tag. I got up and hung my sign out. I was awake and staying up so it was not huge for me but they seemed to be standing right outside my door having a normal volume conversation (work related). The hotel seemed fairly empty when I stayed but does not seem particularly well sound proofed which might be a problem during busier times.
Got coffee from room service. Very quick.
Overall a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains on the campus of Ohio University, The newly renovated Ohio University Inn & Conference Center in Athens, Ohio is the only full service hotel in the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ohio University Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohio University Inn And Conference Center
- Ohio University Hotel Athens
- Ohio University Inn & Conference Center Athens