“Fantastic Hospitality and Facilities”

Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at the Ohio University Inn on the evening of August 7 and it was one of the most satisfying hotel experiences I have had in a long time - and I travel A LOT. The person who handled my reservation could not have been more helpful and cordial and, when I arrived and during my stay, everyone was so helpful and always extremely pleasant. Mostly young people working there - OU students working for the summer, it appeared, and all were as nice as they could possibly be. Also, the restaurant was far and away the best place to eat in town and they handled my company employee dinner flawlessly. I highly recommend this location - and the cost made it an excellent bargain.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the patio in the original section of the hotel have balconies so they offer the sm...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
OUInnGM, General Manager at Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center. I'm pleased to hear that our friendly staff and wonderful facilities exceeded your expectations. I'm also glad you were able to dine and enjoyed our award winning restaurant, Cutler's.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

OU Inn exceeds expectations for a small college town hotel. The rooms are clean, updated and comfortable. The bed had layers of cushy comfort. The customer service provided was exceptional. Darby at registration was pesonality plus. There is coffee in the lobby which I prefer to the inroom coffeemakers.

Room Tip: If you have the opportunity to chose, select a room that faces the coutyard.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit to the Ohio University Inn and Conference Center. I excited to hear how you enjoyed the exceptional service, clean guestroom and comfortable environment while in Athens. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at the OU Inn last week and it was perfect from the beginning to the end. The front desk was great and they called later to see if there was anything else we needed. The pool area was very nice and clean. The room was spotless as were the bathrooms. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting OU. We will be returning!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob P P

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Ohio University Inn and Conference Center. It's so great to hear your visit was perfect and that the front desk team exceeded your expectations. I'm also happy the weather allowed you to enjoy our beautiful pool and patio areas. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The receptionist at the front desk we're exceptional!!! We reserved the rooms for the wrong dates and they went above and beyond to take care if the problem and make it right for me. We had dinner at the restaurant , the decor is cozy and the service was extremely professional. The food was impeccably prepared and tasted fabulous ... Good strong drinks too!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent visit to Athens and the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center. I'm pleased to hear our staff went above and beyond your expectations. I'm also happy to learn you were able to dine and enjoy our Award Winning Cutler's Restaurant.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel sits right next to one of the most beautiful college campuses in the United States. Founded in 1804, it seemed like the hotel could have been built shortly after that. The rooms, lobby, and restaurants were very dated (and not complementary to the university). The staff was very friendly and seemed to not be depressed by their surroundings. This hotel has real potential to be a tourist destination but it will need the help of an interior designer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Connoisseur72
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Since Ohio U is my undergraduate alma mater, I never pass up a chance to stop there. The OU Inn offers the nicest accommodations, a friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Food served in the restaurant on-site is delicious, although a little pricey. It's a good walk to campus but worth it for the memories. :) I had trouble connecting my laptop to their WiFi (and others did too), a significant drawback if you need to do work while you're there, but the staff assured me they would look into the problem.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the back pool area are nicest when the pool isn't in use.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband graduated from OU, so we stayed here on a Friday night recently after ziplining at Hocking Hills. We had 4 kids with us, so we got two rooms and divided up along gender lines. When we pulled in the front driveway was packed with cars, so my husband ran in to check in while I stayed with the car. While he was in there all the cars pulled out together, filled with what looked like young cheerleaders. Awesome.

My husband's experience with check-in was not so great. He was told we had adjoining rooms and given very vague instructions on where it was located and the best place to park by the fairly rude front desk female employee. So we parked on the side of the hotel, went in one door, up one floor on the elevator, down a looong hallway to another elevator to go up one more floor. There were parking spaces and a door right outside the second elevator at the very back of the hotel, so that was frustrating. When we got to our rooms, we found they were not adjoining, but across the hall. So, down the hall, down one elevator, down the looong hall, down the steps and back to the front desk my husband goes. The same female at the front desk then goes from fairly rude to just rude explaining they have two wedding parties that weekend and are completely booked, no adjoining rooms available. Fine, we understand, but wouldn't that have been easier to explain when we checked in??

Other than her, the rest of the hotel and dining staff was great, very friendly. The hotel is the only full service one around and it is walking distance to campus and downtown Athens, so that makes it worth the effort. The facility itself is not too bad, pretty well kept, just starting to look a bit outdated in the rooms. The bathrooms especially need a makeover, but they are decent and clean. The outdoor pool is in the middle of all the rooms and is pretty nice, but small. Our kids were enjoying it, even with the large wedding group taking over half the pool, until the group started smoking. Too small of an area for that, the kids were done.

The beds are comfortable though the sheets seem newer and stiff, to where they rustle everytime you move. Nice flat screen TV's in the room and the 12:00 noon check-out is great for the kids to get a little extra pool time in.

We had the breakfast buffett the next morning and it was really good. Nothing too elaborate at all, but very good fresh fruit and eggs, etc. Very reasonably priced too.

Room Tip: If you get put in "C" building, at the very back of the hotel, make sure to ask for a pool...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Baymont Inn & Suites Logan

Been to Ohio University Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!