My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the OU Inn and stayed there as guests. The rooms are nicely furnished with plenty of amenities! The one thing that really stood out to me, however, is how quiet it was; none of the normal hotel noise you usually get (other people talking, doors slamming, etc). Although each and every staff member that we came across was extremely helpful, there are three people that I would like to give a special mention.
The first would be Jacque; she went above and beyond any expectation I had. People repeatedly asked me if I needed help with the reception and if I was getting "stressed out". My answer was the same every time, "the reception is a piece of cake...Jacque has me covered!" She regularly called or emailed me to check in and see if there was anything I needed; she made me feel as if I were the only client that the hotel had!
The second employee is Steve. I can not possibly say enough about his customer service skills! He made our experience wonderful! He was always there, offering to pitch in and help in any way that he could! Customer service is something that I find is lacking in most businesses now a days and Steve is the epitome of what it should look like! He set up the ballroom for the reception and did a fantastic job...everything was absolutely beautiful!
The third employee I would like to mention is Jonathan; he is a true assett to your facility! Chefs are not always known for their people skills but not only is he a marvelous chef, but a wonderful "people person"! Our guests could not stop raving about the incredible food! We chose filet mignon, chicken marsala and the portabella mushroom lasagna and not one person was disappointed! The only down side is that a few people ordered chicken instead of the filet, because traditionally, wedding reception filet isn't always the best...but when they tasted the filet they were sad they didn't get it...even though they loved their chicken!
We visited Cutler's restaurant two weeks after the wedding and I had the best scallops I have ever eaten...even when I've been vacationing on the coast!! The service is wonderful and the food is by far the best in Athens!! Whether planning a trip, an event, or an evening out...the OU inn is THE choice!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains on the campus of Ohio University, The newly renovated Ohio University Inn & Conference Center in Athens, Ohio is the only full service hotel in the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ohio University Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohio University Hotel Athens
- Ohio University Inn And Conference Center
- Ohio University Inn & Conference Center Athens