“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Oxford, Mississippi
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our party of 5 stayed overnight in a suite with two queens and one pull out sofa. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good. The room was smaller than the HI Express suite we stayed in the previous night, but that room was huge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DJ K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
mkitchens,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm pleased to know you enjoyed our hotel and had a nice visit. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and I'm glad you let us know we meet your expectations. Please stop by and visit the next time you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Zanesvill
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay after a long and tiring day at Homecoming activities. The room was clean and fresh. It appeared to have been fairly recently remodeled. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were a bit lumpy. The complimentary breakfast was very good. A nice variety was offered. I will definitely consider this for another stay when needed in Athens.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cindy K,

Thank you for the 4 star review and the comments you left about your stay. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay in Athens and enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast bar. We know it takes time out of your busy schedule to write these reviews, and we are thankful for the opportunity to know how we are doing.
I'm sorry the pillows were a little lumpy. We are excited to be getting the new Holiday Inn Express pillows! We are currently phasing them in our rooms as I write this response. If you haven't had a chance to see them yet, you will be pleasantly surprised. The new pillows are much larger than the ones currently in use, and they are made of 100% recycled materials! Amazing pillows and helping reduce our impact on the environment, we are excited about this win/win solution to our "lumpy pillow problem!" We hope to have the process completed by the end of January 2014. If you are in the area, stop by and check them out :-) DJK
Amanda, Ohio
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at most of the hotels on this campus over the years. Definitely a great hotel for the money. This place always exceeds our expectations. Great pool and well kept. The lobby smells so nice. All the staff are quite accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013
Stacicooperhoffmann,
Thanks so much for the outstanding review! We are excited to know that we have consistently exceeded your expectations! We do try to go above and beyond what our guests expect from a hotel, and I'm glad that we have done so in your opinion.
Your review means a lot to us and motivates us to be the best hotel in Athens. We thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!
We look forward to seeing you again soon! DJK
Richlands, Virginia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel had wonderful service and the room was very cozy. It had granite counter tops with plenty of room to apply makeup and get ready for the day. The hotel was quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Book early. Everyone wants to stay in this hotel while traveling for business or pleasure.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seraphita2013,
Thank you for submitting such an amazing review about our hotel. We're thankful you gave us the opportunity to be your "home away from home" while in the area, and we are proud to know you consider us to be the Best Hotel in Athens! Those are some pretty large shoes to fill, but we are confident we won't let you down!
We appreciate the kind words and the motivation to be the best hotel possible! DJK
Moundsville, West Virginia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on a business trip. I cannot say enough good about this hotel. Upon entry, I was greeted immediately and warmly. Being a Holiday Inn Rewards member, I was given a bag with some water, mints, candy, etc. Check in was breeze. The room was exceptionally clean, and the personal care items are top quality. The breakfast was among the best of the "free breakfast" hotels. I had sausage links and cheese omelet. The omelet was marginal, but there were plenty of other options. USA Today at the door in the morning, and check out was quick. There is a nice park with walking trail next to the hotel. I would highly recommend this location for business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Clean hotel, comfortable bed, good location. I stayed for 4 days while traveling for business. I would stay here again.

Only issue was related to the missing 'do not disturb' sign. I asked at the front desk that they take one to my room and put it in the door(My room did NOT have one). The woman behind the desk took down my room number and assured me they would take care of it. When I returned it had not been done. I went down stairs and requested one. Another women asked in a very rude tone if I had checked the back of the door. I assured her I wouldn't be bothering her if it had been there. It was not necessary for her to make that comment. Give me the sign and be done with it.

Room Tip: A good location for the business traveler.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DJ K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
NeedSoftBed,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and bringing the "do not disturb" sign to our attention. We are sorry we didn't follow through as expected. Thanks to your review, we've implemented a policy that will prevent us from "forgetting" to deliver on our promises. I'm sorry you experienced this problem, but please know we've fixed it with your help. We can't thank you enough.
We do appreciate your visit to our hotel, and hope to see you again the next time you are in Athens. DJK
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very clean, well maintained, and a nice sleep. The rooms are nice , new flat screen TVs, Showers were hot, plenty of towels, wash clothes and free soap. Cable TV was ok, use to satellite at home lacked some channels and guide was not up to date. Plenty of food for breakfast...eggs, bacon, rolls and cereal. Good hot coffee, juice and milk. I had a great stay and would stay here again. It was a higher priced stay but worth the money in my book..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
DJ K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Athens! If there's anything we can do to improve your last stay, or to make your future visits to our hotel an even better experience, please let us know! Thank you for being our guest this past weekend! We know you have a choice of hotels in the area, and we are honored you chose to stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Holiday Inn Express Logan
Hometown Inn
Hometown Inn
#7 of 10 in Athens

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Athens? Share your experiences!