“This Used to be Good ! now .... poor !”

Cutler's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cutler's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 117 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Rt. 682
Pacific Palisades, California
“This Used to be Good ! now .... poor !”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Must be a management change or something ....because last year It was always top quality service and food . ( was there a number of times until late 2012) . This time ...sad to say the food was mediocre at best, without a fine restaurant touch more like a small restaurant trying to be fine dining . We went at 7pm on Wed. of move-in weekend, an obviously busy weekend ahead for the next three days , and it seemed as if the restaurant was out of everything ! four of the primary menu items were not available, three of the 5 dessert choices were not available, and plus when I ordered a drink they didn't even have any cocktail onions for my Gibson ....( What respectable bar doesn't have cocktail onions)..... The food was mediocre the (2) pastas were bland , and although different the sauces tasted very much the same only with slightly different ingredients...nothing special. The Veal shank ( osso bucco style) I had was put on my plate Dry , with a few strands of shredded carrots and zucchini on the side a very bare and empty looking plate. Osso bucco style infers a the veal was braised in a traditional sauce ....but mine came without anything .just a piece of dry looking veal shank ! ......Sadly we were all very disappointed as we all were looking forward to what we had come to expect a great meal ! but Not anymore ! based on what we experienced I guess by the time the crowds showed up the next few days they wouldn't have anything left to serve !

Sad to lose what used to be a highlight of our meals in Athens.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank naschr

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Lunch was OK”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Friends and I went to Cutler's at the recommendation of the folks at the Dairy Barn Arts Center. It was very convenient to the Dairy Barn. We arrived around 1 p.m. and it was quite a few minutes before the two busy waitresses noticed us standing there and took us to a table. The restaurant was not crowded, about 4 or 5 tables the whole time we were there, but I noticed they were delivering food to a meeting being held in a room across the hall. The coffee was great and my friends were pleased with their lunch choices, crab cake sandwiches. I tried to order their "award winning" vegetarian chili, but they were out of it. I ended up getting a cup of navy bean soup and half of a steak wrap. The soup was barely warm and even after I sent it back to be heated up it wasn't much warmer. The steak wasn't tender, with lots of gristle. Our waitress was friendly and enthusiastic, but the overall lunch was disappointing.

• Visited July 2013
Fredericktown, Ohio
“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Everything was so good, loved the wine to the dessert. The salad was one of the best I tasted. We enjoyed everything so much that even though we was full we ordered dessert and took it back to our room.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Theresa1091
Lyon, France
“Portobello Mushrooms.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a long wait, and not the wine I had ordered, they compensated with a free plate of Calamari - but I'm not too keen on fried food. Nice salad, the portobello mushroom aubergine was too greasy (fried again), the rice was cheesy rich (risotto) but overall pretty good, and my wife was satisfied with her salmon and asperges. We were sat at a table where I was opposite my wife, and I changed and sat on the banquette next to my wife on this tiny table - nobody proposed we changed table to have more space, despite many larger tables available. But we had a good time. $72 for 2 without dessert.

Visited July 2013
Cairo, Egypt
“Best Vegetables. Great Service.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Cutler's has a way with vegetables. The creamy mashed potatoes taste like the real deal. Any side with squash is delicious. This is the report of many visits. Most recently, great veggies as always; chicken breast a little dry. I love the vinegar/oil (brown) salad dressing. I believe it is house made. Side salads are lovely with mix greens and vegetable variety. Rolls are fresh baked and tasty. Service here is consistantly outstading. It is nice to be treated so nicely.

Visited June 2013