“Go hungry and you'll leave sated!”
Review of Casa Nueva

Casa Nueva
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice, once in the bar, pulled pork wrap, which was one of the best I'veever experienced! And then in the restaurant and had a wonderful chicken, rice and black beans dish with a giant flour tortilla for wrapping. Great meal both times!! Very satisfying and healthy. Organic, free range, local. Everything a meal should be!

There are newer reviews for Casa Nueva

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed a night in Athens and had dinner at this creative restaurant in town. All the menu items had a unique twist to old favorites. I ordered the quesadilla and had several homemade salsas to choose from ranging in spiciness and flavor. I wish I could have come back because there were so many interesting entrees. The service was great and the beer selection was wide ranging.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

While visiting our daughter in Athens, she took us to Casa Nueva for dinner (she loves this place). The setting is very "Athens" in that it is quirky, interesting and fun. We had really good appetizers and the food which are mostly "in season" selections was very good. This restaurant has vegan selections as well as local meat selections and the brownie and ice cream for dessert was awesome. The food is "Mexican-style" and you have your choice of several salsas that range from mild to pretty darn hot. This is a good choice for an interesting and fun dinner.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was referred here by folks at Jorma Kaukonen's Fur Peace Ranch after a long weekend of playing guitar. Good choice: the people were nice, the food was good. It's a "Mexican-influenced" cuisine, but without the horrific failings most faux-Mexican places in the U.S. have (too much sauce, too much cheese, etc.). It's aimed at vegetarians, but their menu options all have meats you can choose; and mine was tasty enough that I know that's not just an afterthought so they can give *something* to folks who want to eat meat while dining with vegetarian friends.

Contrary to other reviewers, I don't think the prices here are bad at all. In fact, I think they're quite good given both the quality of ingredients and the fact that *you don't tip here*. The staff is paid a decent wage and as such they have a no-tipping policy. Given that what you see on the menu (plus tax) is what you're going to be paying -- no additional 20%, unless you want to make a donation to the charity of their choice (which is what they do with money folks leave anyway) -- I think it's quite reasonable.

One caveat: I see here some complaints about service. My service was great; but as I ate here in mid-to-late May, most of the students were gone -- it wasn't that busy. Maybe things are different at other times of the year.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We needed a table for 7 and the wait was long but it wasn't awful because we enjoyed drinks and apps while waiting. It was a high energy crowd even for a Sunday with couples and families enjoying the food and friendship. I really enjoyed my breakfast burrito and the bloody marys were delicious. A great restaurant with great food and a great atmosphere!

1  Thank NickiV67