Hometown Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunset Motel(Athens)
View Hotel
All reviewscoffee makeriron and ironing boardsmall refrigeratorcomfortable bedhot showerroad noiseone nightexercise roomclean roomsou campuswould definitely stay here againchannelsmoteltvperfumeydryercleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2012

e went to Athens for a college graduation in Nelsonville and stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It was dated - probably the 70's with an aqua colored tub, but it was clean, didn't smell bad and the owners are now going private as of June 2 and not associating themselves with Budget Host. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean place to stay, I say this is the place for you.

Room Tip: This is right along the road, but must be well insulated since we didn't hear any road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank trytogetawayoften
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is an old hotel and it is a little hard to find and get to. The management is very polite and accommodating. It is also very clean for it's age. Bed was uh....old

The prices were a little high for the value though.

I probably would explore other places next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We recently spent two nights at this Inn. We enjoyed the simple, but very clean and comfortable accommodations, with all the amenities one could possibly wish for (ironing board, refrigerator, in-room coffee maker, etc.). We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Athens.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret T
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Hi. First let me say, I've stayed in some not so classy establishments before - especially when I drove cross country on a budget. We looked at some of the previous reviews and went for it.
But this motel was seriously disgusting. Easily top 3 grossest hotel I've ever stayed in. The room smelled strongly of mildew, everything was circa 1960-1970, and in poor repair. The bathroom was so gross, we didn't want to shower - let alone sleep in the bed. Not to mention it is literally at the highway, and we slept poorly most of the night to the sound of tractor-trailer trucks.
I mean this in all sincerity - disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank gart9426
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Nothing too special here, but nothing really scary, either. I got a relatively clean room w/ all the general amenities. And, for what the room rates are (call - they gave me a MUCH better rate than anything I found on-line), it's actually more than I expected, and even has more than in some "nicer" places I've stayed.

PLUSES: Room rates, refrigerator in the room, free Wi-Fi, nice channel selection on the TV, wonderfully nice and accommodating staff. DOWNERS: Old, close to busy road (lots of road noise), and some sort of perfumy smell trying to cover up the musty smell.

That said, all-in-all, this was a pretty pleasant stay. If you just need a room for the night, want to save some bucks, and don't mind the older motel experience, this could be your place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business