“Always vist for breakfast”
Review of Union Street Diner

Union Street Diner
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Description: Http://unionstreetdiner.com/
Description: Http://unionstreetdiner.com/
Reviewed November 8, 2012

When in Athens, we always visit for breakfast. Service is good, wait time is reasonable, even on event weekends and the food is great diner food. A variety of choices that my wife likes to try - I go for the more traditional eggs/bacon/homefires. Coffee cups are regularly refilled. A bit pricey.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We like to frequent family-owned diners when we are on the road. Not only do we get away from restaurant chains, but we support local business and sometimes discover a terrific find. The Union Street Diner was a find. The new owner (about a year now) has resurrected the place and is providing an excellent café dining experience. I did not want fries with my burger, and asked for green beans, instead. I expected to be served beans from a can, warmed up and mushy. To my delight, my hamburger was served with FRESH, steamed green beans! The burgers were also very tasty. This diner is popular with the local college students, but it has plenty of tables as well as home-made pies. If you like diner fare, this one is worth a visit.

1  Thank Anne_from_Ohio