“Hit and miss...and slow...”
Review of Restaurant Salaam

Restaurant Salaam
Ranked #2 of 121 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I like Salaam...partially due to the paucity of good eateries in town. But I'm getting tired of the SLOW service, overcooked and dry proteins, and dishes to which careful attention is not paid. Mushy, overly ripened tomatoes, for example, (dis)graced my salad the last time around. The lentil soup was bland. And the owners have little interest in changing such matters. Why? Captive audience. Sad, really. Such potential!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Best innovative food in Athens. Try the specials --steak, fish, vegetarian - and the appetizers. All good.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Last time I ate the wonderful food at Salaam the place was hopping with patrons which I blamed for the slow service. This time the food was still awesome, but the place was nearly deserted. Service was unbearably slow and our waiter bailed on us halfway through the meal leaving a colleague to finish our service and collect the tab..she was a little flustered. Overall, I'd recommend.

1  Thank SunriseAddicted
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great food, reasonable prices, upbeat casually elegant atmosphere. If you like Mediterranean cuisine, I don't think you can go wrong.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've lived in Athens for 38 years and have eaten at many restaurants in the area. But last night, I had the best meal EVER in Athens at Restaurant Salaam. The Moroccan Chicken special was perfectly prepared, absolutely delicious and beautiful to look at! Gorgeous, delicious, fabulous....what else can I say? If you're in Athens.....don't miss Restaurant Salaam....or you will miss a real gem!