“Superb Accomodations!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Inverness, Florida
“Superb Accomodations!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recenty stayed at the Super 8 hotel, in Athens Ohio for one week. The staff was very accomodating and friendly, the room was extremely clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I would drive out of my way to stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A great place to stay if you are looking for a quiet getaway. The bathrooms are amazingly huge and nice. It was clean and well kept. Sonny at the front desk was amazing and very helpful. I will definitely stay there again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Avon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My daughter is a Freshman at Ohio University and so far we have stayed at 2 different motels in Athens. Talking with other parents at her orientation it seems that "all" Athens motels have an attitude of the customer being questioned and the rooms old but relatively clean. Maybe it's because Athens is literally in the middle of nowhere and during events every room is sold at a premium and other times most rooms sit empty. Athens hold a "Parent's" weekend and a "Dad's" weekend among other events. I discovered that during "Parent's" weekend rooms sell out months in advance (we had to stay in West Virginia!), so I booked "Dad's" weekend (Nov. 9th/10th) at the Super 8 Athens location late summer. My daughter got a job since then and has to work Dad's weekend so I dug up the confirmation letter only to see any cancellations after October 25th were subject to 1 night room charge ($160+tax). It was my fault for not remembering this and actually couldn't sleep last night thinking about how dumb I was and how much money was at stake. This morning I called the Super 8 directly and the owner said I was responsible for the payment, but if someone else asked for a room he would let me know and allow the cancellation to be made. He did call me several hours later and said he found another buyer for our room and we would not be charged. He could have easily sold the room and not bothered calling me back. Although I didn't stay there this time, I will strongly consider this Super 8 next time I'm in Athens and truly appreciate the proprietor's honesty!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Knights Inn Athens
Knights Inn Athens
#8 of 10 in Athens
3.5 of 5 stars 63 reviews

Been to Super 8 Athens? Share your experiences!