“I wish I could give it a 3.5.”
Review of Knights Inn Athens

Knights Inn Athens
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We just needed a roof over our heads for a night and the Knight's Inn fit that description. There is nothing special about it. The front desk clerk was efficient, but not really friendly.
Our room had a bare plaster patch on the wall and cheap looking laminate flooring that gave the room a cheap feel.
Our room was fairly clean...there was a line of dirt along the tub because of a metal piece that didn't allow the mop to get all the way to the tub and dirt in the corners. The cheap laminate floor was separating in spots that also allowed dirt to accumulate. Nothing that a little extra effort on the part of housekeeping couldn't fix.
The front desk clerk was efficient, not overly friendly or welcoming.
The beds were pretty hard but i loved the firmness of the pillow I had. I wish I had one like that at home! Very comfy.
The hotel location was great. Plenty of nearby shopping and restaurants plus the local movie theater is across the street.
Overall, it's fine if you're on a tight budget or just looking for a clean, dry place to spend a night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SpeedDiva
patelaku20, Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Thank you for leaving us with such kind words. Our property is an older prototype but we are proud of providing comfortable stay to our customers.We are in process of renovating rooms in small chunks on every year. We finished renovation in back building in year 2013. We are extremely happy to hear that you like pillow and quality of bed/mattress during your stay.We hope to see you again soon!!

There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Athens

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
1  Thank foto_johnyoc

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is the second time I was forced to stay here, as all other hotels were booked for Dads weekend. I thought the first time was bad but this was worse. The beds are of the cheapest quality. Dirty bathroom(hairs on the floor), very small. I was awakened at 0500 by the individual next to me as his cell phone went off, alarm and television(the walls are that thin). He then proceeded to have a conversation with another individual outside of my room. $125.00 a night. I could have slept on my sons apartment floor and gotten better rest and given him the $125.00. Would sleep in my car before sleeping there again. Athens is a small town, book ahead and not this place.

Room Tip: Does not rate one star
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 234Mason

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to fill out a review on your last stay. Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations . We also appreciate your feedback and my team will discuss your comments to provide the best service we can.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The non-smoking room had a bit of a smoke smell... I slept with the window in the bathroom open which aired the room out. It was a nice place... very clean...at a great price. Breakfast was very simple.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

On behalf of management, we extend our sincerest apologies for all inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. We understand that problems like the one you experienced with smoking smell handled immediately. When any issues arise in your room, we encourage our guest to notify the front desk so we can take proper measures to rectify the problem. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed cleanliness at our property. We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is located on State Street in the heart of Athens. The room was clean and the location excellent. Many places to dine in or carryout right by the hotel. Check in was hassle free and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Go directly to their website to book a room, it will be cheaper than booking through some other site...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. You are absolutely right that we are at prime location in Athens Ohio where all restaurants and shopping areas are very close by to our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and friendly service. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Forced to stay here because nothing else was available in town for OU orientation week. Rooms are straight out of the 70's with zero maintenance. Electric outlets are all 2 prong so I couldn't even charge my laptop or cell phone. There's a moldy/dusty/chemical smell in the room. My dreams were haunted with the possibility the neighbor might be cooking up a batch of Meth.

I should have stayed in a decent hotel in Columbus and just drove.....

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank ryanfthomas

On behalf of management, we extend our sincerest apologies for all inconveniences you have experienced during your stay, we are still renovating our property but understand that problems like the one you experienced with dusty chemical smell handled immediately. When any issues arise in your room, we encourage our guest to notify the front desk so we can take proper measures to rectify the problem. If there is any chance in the future that you would even consider giving us another chance please reach out to me at 740-593-5565 , I will personally see that we provide the best service.