“Comfort and value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Glenshaw, Pennsylvania, United States
“Comfort and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a lovely, no frills, roadside motel convenient to Ohio University and close to several places to eat and shop. We have stayed in the same room twice, now, and it was clean and comfortable, with a bed so large that we had to laugh. But all was clean, including the sparkling bathroom.. The complimentary breakfast had ample choices of cereal, bagels, waffles, juice, and delicious coffee..
And, John F. Kennedy stayed here when he was a senator!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about our hotel. We take great pride in cleanliness and service. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed complimentary breakfast at our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Medina, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We took our high school senior for a visit to Ohio University. After having car troubles and having out car towed to Athens because we booked a room here, I was hopeful the hotel would be everything other travelers have truthfully reviewed it to be. AND IT WAS. Clean, a great value, a bit outdate but still great for a 1 might stay in a college town. Breakfast was adequate to fill us up after not eating the previous night because of no car and riding in a tow truck. The car was finished by noon Sat and the front desk let us store our bags in their office because the next day they were booked (with hunters) so we had to check out at 11.We found our bags had been left untouched. If you are looking for a great value and a clean room, stay here. My only complaint is that the walls are paper thin and the girls who came in at 2am woke everyone up and sounded as if they were inside our room, but they weren't.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Knights Inn Athens Ohio! We enjoyed having you and your family stay with us. I am most pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and attentive to all of your needs and that the rooms were neat, spacious, and that the breakfast bar provided many choices for you all.

We look forward for you all to come stay with us again. Please call me directly on your next visit and we will be more than happy to take care of your accommodation needs.

Krunal Patel
General Manger, Knights Inn
Athens, Ohio
Sylvania, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Clean room and bathroom. Really liked the free wi-fi and fridge/microwave in our room. Great value for the price and on a busy weekend. Good breakfast food choices. Only complaints are the lack of highchairs and drinking water (hand wash sink only) in the continental breakfast area.

Room Tip: Second floor in main building are quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
My name is Krunal Patel and I am the General Manager for the Knights Inn Athens, OH . I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. At the hotel we strive to offer the best in customer service and satisfaction. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and were Satisfied with your stay! We have ordered high chair for breakfast area. It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off! When you travel into the Athens area again, please contact me directly to make your reservations. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Knights Inn Athens, Ohio.
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Admittedly, I wasn't sure what to expect, buy my wife and I were very happy with the facility.
Rooms were quite large for that style of property; with a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. Everything was clean and comfortable. Sure, it's outdated, but frankly I liked the retro feel of it all. It's a college town, people shouldn't expect a Ritz-Carlton.
Check-in and checkout were very efficient.
I didn't use their free Wi-Fi, but they had it.

Probably the best deal in Athens for price and quality, I'll definitely consider staying there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about our hotel. We take great pride in cleanliness and service. I am pleased to hear that check-in and checkout procedure is smooth from our end. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is not a fancy hotel, but the value was amazing. The staff is efficient and knowledgeable; the room was amazingly clean; bathroom impeccable with GOOD Towels; fridge and microwave in room...Did I mention how clean the room even smelled when we opened the door? This is a small old motel with vintage knotty pine paneling and vintage ceramic tile bath...will definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone who wants cleanliness and good service over new decor!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
It was a pleasure having you all stay with us! I apologies as we are an older property but as you said we love to go above and beyond by providing excellent hospitality service. We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.Please contact me directly to book your next stay when you are in our area again!

Krunal Patel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

While it wasn't a terrible place, the rooms were pretty outdated. Dark wood panel walls made it feel more like staying in a cabin. Even with all the lights on, the room was very dim because of the paneled walls. While very clean, the bathroom had some eyesore spots, like cracking where the wall meets the floor under the sink that had been slathered full of caulking, trying to cover it up. The fridge in my particular room was kinda noisy.

But given all those less than perfect features, there were some bright spots. The staff was very friendly. The bed was without question the most comfortable hotel/motel bed I've ever slept in. The heat and a/c worked well. The wireless Internet worked like a charm, with good speed and strong signal. And the location was very close to several stores and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you mentioned our friendly staff at our hotel. I really appreciate your comments regarding the amenities we have to offer that am pleased to hear that the bed, bed bedding, and pillows were comfortable for your stay.I truly value your feedback as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will try to address these points mentioned in your comments and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Knights Inn Athens soon.
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here while we were visiting out kids at OSU. Nice location, its a family owned busniess. Very Hard work family and very nice staff and clean rooms. GREAT breakfast... juice and coffee was very FRESH.. I would for sure go and stay here until my kids are in college in Athens. ONLY 1.7 MILES FROM CAMPUS....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
patelaku20, General Manager at Knights Inn Athens, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
It is so nice to hear our gracious service is very well received for your stay with us. We are all delighted to know our family members was able to help you out. I want to personally thank you for the 5 star rating you gave us in your review. It is much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and please come back to see us soon.