“Not too bad just need better desk service. I didn't get a...”
Review of Days Inn Athens

Days Inn Athens
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Athens
“Not too bad just need better desk service. I didn't get a...”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Not too bad just need better desk service. I didn't get a receipt at check in or check out. I called back and still received no email record as promised. I also asked for room to be checked so I could have my credit card info back and was told they don't do that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Overall it was ok, but the shower curtain was ripped and water was going all over the floor of bathroom, there is a gap in the door frame going into the room, which did not seem very safe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Came in June room was roasting hot. They had the heat on 90. Crack in the wall tiny bed. Clean but not stellar. People outside talk all night long. Weird smells. The microwave was dirty towels scratchy. Not worth the savings.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank HeatherS9
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Let me begin by saying this hotel isn't the easiest place to find; it's obscured by trees and buildings on an easily missed side road. A couple of highway signs wouldn't hurt. After I found the place and checked into my room, I quickly noticed somebody had left a present on my pillow. Not a mint, sadly. No, it was a long, dark mystery hair. I also discovered that my t.v. remote had no batteries. Maybe a previous patron had a digital camera crisis or just liked shiny things. The front desk employee said she'd give me new batteries if I brought her the remote, but I opted to skip t.v. and go to bed. Unfortunately, a few other hotel guests decided it was a wonderful evening for standing on the balcony near my door, drinking beer, and having long, colorful, astonishingly loud conversations. For some reason, I didn't sleep well that night. The following morning's complimentary continental breakfast was quite decent, though, and checkout went smoothly. My stay certainly wasn't a five-star experience, but it was a memorable one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Warren
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I always stay at this hotel whenever I am in town. The prices are incredibly lower than any other hotel in Athens and they are always friendly when I am there. We never have to ask for amenities when we are there because they are always attentive to everything. The hotel is always clean and the grounds are well kept. We have paid ridiculous amounts of money to stay at Holiday Inn and were never as satisfied as we are when we stay here. Friendly, clean and a good price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family