“Stay somewhere else”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Springfield, Ohio
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Came in June room was roasting hot. They had the heat on 90. Crack in the wall tiny bed. Clean but not stellar. People outside talk all night long. Weird smells. The microwave was dirty towels scratchy. Not worth the savings.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank HeatherS9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Athens
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Let me begin by saying this hotel isn't the easiest place to find; it's obscured by trees and buildings on an easily missed side road. A couple of highway signs wouldn't hurt. After I found the place and checked into my room, I quickly noticed somebody had left a present on my pillow. Not a mint, sadly. No, it was a long, dark mystery hair. I also discovered that my t.v. remote had no batteries. Maybe a previous patron had a digital camera crisis or just liked shiny things. The front desk employee said she'd give me new batteries if I brought her the remote, but I opted to skip t.v. and go to bed. Unfortunately, a few other hotel guests decided it was a wonderful evening for standing on the balcony near my door, drinking beer, and having long, colorful, astonishingly loud conversations. For some reason, I didn't sleep well that night. The following morning's complimentary continental breakfast was quite decent, though, and checkout went smoothly. My stay certainly wasn't a five-star experience, but it was a memorable one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Warren
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I always stay at this hotel whenever I am in town. The prices are incredibly lower than any other hotel in Athens and they are always friendly when I am there. We never have to ask for amenities when we are there because they are always attentive to everything. The hotel is always clean and the grounds are well kept. We have paid ridiculous amounts of money to stay at Holiday Inn and were never as satisfied as we are when we stay here. Friendly, clean and a good price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here durring a work visit. The room that I stayed in was one with a single bed. The bed that I slept in had a big hole in the box spring on the side of it. The bed was not that comfortable but at least was a place to sleep. For the price I paid I was expecting more.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Athens hotels