“Not great”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I went with my family, including my 5 and 6 year old. When the server asked for our drink order, they had nothing for my kids...only soda. No apple or orange juice, or even milk. We waited 45 minutes for our food. I ordered bruschetta, and I've never had worse....some chopped up tomatoes on rock hard bread, absolutely no flavor. The kid's penne was hard, and my sister in law was unimpressed with her calzone. The only happy one was my brother, who thought his lasagne was really good. We had to ask for our check and waited ages for her to take our cards. Very, very underwhelmed and won't be back.

1  Thank tatmadison
There are newer reviews for Alessandro's

Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you want authentic Italian food, this is the place. Alessandro brings Italy to Ashtabula with the very freshest ingredients and an innate ability of putting them together in a perfect Italian way!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My first to the newly remodeled restaurant. More space (a good thing). Alessandro continues to personally prepare each meal and the food is great.
I wanted spaghetti with meatballs and it was wonderful.

1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Geneva is only a 40 minute drive, but with so many dining choices in Lake County, we often forget about our neighbors to the east. However, on a recent week day, we took off work and headed east. Our car seemed on auto pilot as we drove along the Geneva Strip before continuing onto Lake Road. We stopped at this nondescript former ice cream shop that became Alessandro's a number of years ago. Since our first and second visit, we were excited to see that they have expanded their space, so they now accommodate more than 8, four tops. We love making eye contact with the chef as he works his magic from the small kitchen. The calamari is one of our all time favorite dishes. The only disappointment is that Alessandro's is not open year round, and when it is open, it has limited hours. So, take an afternoon off and plan to arrive around 4 PM before the crowds arrive.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Alessandro's after a nice drive through Geneva-on-the-Lake. We'd heard about the restaurant as a favorite for locals and finally tried it and were we glad! We both had the linguini with clams, which was one of the specials. It was super! We had room for dessert and shared the cream bomba - perfection! Anyone who doesn't rate this restaurant as excellent is just sour grapes. Service, atmosphere, everything was top notch! Highly recommend this and worth they one hour drive!