“Great little hidden gem of an Italian restaurant”
Review of Alessandro's

Alessandro's
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Ashtabula
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great little hidden gem of an Italian restaurant”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We've been here many times over the years. It's in a spot that you probably wouldn't just happen upon but we've stayed nearby in a condo once a summer for several years. This is our favorite spot to eat in the area. It's very small and there is usually a line waiting outside and the tables are quite close together. We've taken other people there as well and everyone really enjoyed their meals too. The chef prepares excellent dishes and we've never been disappointed.

• Visited July 2012

“Ok...maybe better if I ordered something else.”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at the Eagle Cliff Inn Bed and Breakfast in Geniva On The Lake and the owner touted this restaurant. I had pasta in white wine with chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms and I had them add artichoke hearts. The sause was a little runny so I added alot of parmasion cheese to thicken it up (not fresh but in a jar). I ate it all so that says something. It was piping hot straight from the kitchen. There were a lot of interesting things on the menu... Maybe if I would have gotten something else it would have wowed me. My guy got a pizza. I liked the fresh yeast taste of the dough but the rest was just ok...it's a small place, maybe 12 tables. I would eat here again but maybe order something different.

Willoughby, Ohio
“Delicious, innovative, Italian inspired, exquisitely prepared food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Alessandro is one of the most gifted chefs I've encountered. His recipes are creative and the execution is flawless. I questioned him about the sauce on my fish &, he explained that he begins with his own fish stock as a base. No shortcuts here!
The menu is widely varied. In addition to an assortment of fresh fish, there are chicken veal, beef & various pasta dishes.
Alessandro's is about 10 minutes east of Geneva-on-the-lake where there is a beautiful State Park & beach. It makes for a lovely, relaxed 1 day "staycation" outing.
The restaurant is very casual & friendly. It fills up quickly but the tables turn over quite fast.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank magnoliamws
Cridersville Ohio
“The Best Meal I Have Ever Had”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

One of those places you will never forget, Only 12 tables I think and they make the best authentic Italian food you will ever have. We had a full meal with mushroom pate, fresh fish dinners and desert. We also had Italian beer and local wine. Price Who Cares. Well worth the wait and I will be back!!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Brad B
United States
“Average food and service....Not exceptional”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This restaurant is VERY small. You are essentially packed into the facility. Not that much of an issue, but don't expect to have much elbow room. The service was OK. I only saw one or two servers and a busboy in the whole restaurant, and they were very busy. The place was entirely full. Because of this, we did not get very much attention. :-(

The restaurant was recommended by a local, and I was told the food was outstanding. Not really.....The food was pretty much average fare like you would receive in one of the chain Italian restaurants. First of all, I received the wrong meal. I ordered linguine and clams, and received linguine and shrimp. I decided to go ahead and keep what they brought rather than wait to have them make a new plate. The meal was very skimpy on shrimp...maybe a half dozen on the plate. It was average with not a lot of taste. Kind of watery. My dining partner had spaghetti, which I was told was OK. The salads that come with the meal are apparently very small, and we were encouraged by the server to "upgrade" to a larger salad. Haven't heard that one before.

The special for the day was scallops with seafood stuffed ravioli. That sounded great until I found out the cost of this "special" was $26.00! Pretty steep for a little establishment in an out of the way place. My overall impression was OK, but don't expect a world-class meal.

• Visited August 2012

Been to Alessandro's? Share your experiences!