“Great Food Great Price”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

May not look like much but has great fresh fish at a good price. It is the areas seceret fish restaurant

Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Party of three stopped in for dinner on a recent Friday. Many fish options, wife and sister chose lobster, I had shrimp and scallops in a wine sauce, okay but I have had better. Probably chose wrong, should have gone with a fish item. Atmosphere was hoof, the service friendly and the bread was warm and crusty a good thing. This establishment has been in business a long time and has a good reputation with locals. Good many out of towners eating here. Not sure if restaurant lives up to its lofty expectations but those lobsters were tummy. Beer and wine available not sure on mixed drinks. Lots of parking, a local institution.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Whenever we are in town try to eat there as often as possible. Lash visit I had the shrimpster (fantastic) with the best bowl of clam chowder anywhere. Hubby had the blackened Halibut on my recommendation and raved about it all the way home, twice baked potatoes with cheese are great too, portions are big enough I always have leftovers. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Saw the reviews here and gave it a try. Ordered the Lobster Bisque and there was no lobster in it. Ordered Blackened Salmon and the taste was VERY BLAND and the size very little compared to what I had in the past for the price. Wife had the Halibut and it had a very bland taste to it. She had clam chowder and said it was so so. Bill was around $68.00...Don't see a return trip back there. Our server was very nice and tried to get the food out to us as soon as possible.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

First of all, I will state the most positive aspect of this restaurant, the Clam Chowder, some of the best that I have ever tasted. From there, it is all down hill. The service was the worst. We had a fairly large group, and we waited forever for our food. I ordered Lake Erie Perch, which should be the best local seafood. I got three small fillets, deep fried, and the coating was much more than the fish. There was only a very thin layer of fish in the middle. Then the check came, and it was totally out of reason for what we received. I traveled all the way from Georgia to experience the best of Ashtabula, and I can tell you, I wouldn't go back if someone else picked up the check. The restrooms were so small that you had to turn sideways to get into the door. The only mirror in the restroom was over the urinal, does that give you a hint to what kind of place this is? Never again!