“Gone out of the Harbor”
Review of Pho Saigon - CLOSED

Pho Saigon
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed August 14, 2014

They are no longer located here. I understand they have reinvented themselves at another location on a main road.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The outside appearance isn't especially appealing. The windows were fogged up and we weren't sure it was open. Once inside we found it clean with one booth almost large enough for our party of 6. We seated ourselves dragging a couple of chairs up to the booth and approached the counter asking for menu's. We weren't sure if there was a server or not but we did have someone approach the table a short time later. The service was slow even though it was not busy but our server was very friendly. The food was very good. We sampled quite a few items and really enjoyed our dinner. It definitely is quite different from the local restaurants but for those open to trying new things it's a great place to go. Our group will definitely be back. The grilled dinners were very good and the food presentation very nice.

1  Thank jbella1
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant is quaint, clean and trendy for an area that is not known for any of those traits! I think we need to nurture these restaurants so they stay and other will follow. We complain that we have no good places to eat, when somewhere like this opens up, we chase them out because they do not have the sheer volume or size as a Bob Evans or Red Lobster.

The food was great! I had the Vietnamese chicken sandwhich which was served hot and fresh. A wonderul blend of flavors and textures. I sampled their shrimp and chicken spring rolls as well which were absolutely delicious dipped in the peanut sauce! The staff of 2 was extremely polite, friendly and helped my wife with her food allergies without making us feel like a bother.

The price for 3 people was under $30 which is hard to find these days! If you have not given this a try, you should. Support our local privately owned restaurants!

2  Thank Devin W
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I graded our experience as follows:
Outside appearance B
Inside appearance/cleanliness C-
Service D
Food C
$$
There were 7 people in the restaurant when we arrived and were served our water in a clear plastic "solo" cup because they had run out of glasses!?!?
There is only 1 restroom in the place the party of 6 men were right in front of the door. I would have had to squeeze by them to use it. YUK from both perspectives.
It took over an hour to get the noodle soup...I mean pho. Not worth the wait.
They have a small freezer out in the restaurant next to a beverage cart which is on the way to the restroom that I watched the "chef" go to and remove an ingredients.
The 2 very small veggie egg rolls were so overdone that the inert ingredients were unrecognizable.
The fresh spring roll was average tasting but the dipping sauce was delicious.

Meh....it's Ashtabula.

1  Thank shellzbellz2
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Really enjoyed eating here. It's not to have something different in the area.... There isn't anything like this within an hour radius. Fresh ingredients!! Healthy!! Loved the spring rolls, The Vietnamese sandwich and the grilled pork vermicelli. would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Jennica S