“Not impressed.”

Geneva, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Had mussels for an appetizer- perch sandwich for dinner. The waitress was good but of the few mussels I had, half were obviously old and overly fishy tasting and my perch sandwich was soo greasy I couldn't even eat it. Sorry, but even the beautiful fish tank and hd tv's aren't going to bring me back

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Youlose00013

Ashtabula, Ohio
“waitstaff needs to be informed”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

went to Lou's with family for a birthday, since it reopened thought it would be like it used to be, a good place to eat, waitstaff did not know what the specials were, we were told they are on the board at the front door you will have to go read them, There was 9 of us. Getting drinks was very slow, ordering food was even slower, Steaks did not come out as ordered, lots of fat, over done, mashed potatoes out of a box with bottled gravy, way to much garlic on the beans, Fried foods were way over cooked almost to the point of being burnt, will not go back, I also do not agree with adding the tip to the check, when you are waitstaff you should get what you deserve and work for, They need to step this place up if it is going to survive.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank michelle t
Florida
“One star too many. Can I give it zero stars?”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My steak was expensive, grisly and cooked medium rare not MEDIUM WELL. Accompanying was on whisked on and off a grill and definitely not COOKED ...ick.

My cousin's chicken breast meal was just tossed dry on her plate with her green beans OVERLOADED with garlic (she's not a picky eater but couldn't get past the mega-garlic). My green beans were cold and even though I love veggies, they just weren't good. Mercifully, our rice was edible.

WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALERTED TO A TROUBLED KITCHEH WHEN.....OMG.....we each found one piece of cooked pasta in our OVERPRICED Lou's special half salad...I swear to God. So I ask you,....why? Was it a booby prIze?

We ate on patio, no salt and pepper shakers on table. Napkins were child-size.

I travel often around Northeast and Southeast US corridor and I can say, in all honesty, this was one of the worst meals I've had in years.

Big mistake naming after old Lou's because this food is shockingly subpar....

Visited August 2013
4 Thank oHIoShorebird
Mentor, Ohio
“Menu really lacking”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've been here 3x since they opened each time was the back patio unfortunately thats all this place is good for. I wish I could compare the old Lou's (I never been to) vs the new and from what I have heard there is no comparison. The menu lacks anything special. Applebees has better options. I am a foodie and hate to write a bad review but I could throw together better menu options from giant eagle and cooking it myself. I did speak to an employee there an he assured me they have a new menu coming that was a month ago. A beach bar like this should offer a few different seafood options and how about Walleye bites or even a Walleye dish. Lake Erie is a stones throw away! Hook up with local markets to get produce and other goods. Service is good and the atmosphere is nice just let down by the basic menu.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Kenny M
“fried pickle lovers paradise”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

have always loved this place, and was delighted when it reopened!
you have great service, atmosphere, and a fun bar in the back.
You can share any meal, as they have large servings.
salad lovers will love "Lou's" salad, back by popular demand.
homemade fries are seasoned and crisped to perfection.
Enjoy this place!