“Loved dining at the outside bar!”
Review of Lou's Billow Beach - CLOSED

Lou's Billow Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took a ride up to Ashtabula to try the newly re-opened Lou's earlier this month, and were not disappointed! Although the menu is now quite limited (compared to the old Lou's), and I am vegetarian, we had no problem finding something to order. Sitting at the outside bar was great on a beautiful, sunshine afternoon - like dining in the Keys...and they still have the popcorn!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Food is good. Food prices are reasonable. However they have a three drink limit which is very disrespectful...and their drink prices are at the top of the chart except happy hour then it's a dollar off which puts the prices where they should be...I'd rather go to Martini's right up the road everything there is better

2  Thank bubbarino
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Lou's has a new face. This is our first time back since their renovation and we're so glad we stopped by. We ate inside because of the humidity, but we did check out the patio & patio bar. It was too early for entertainment, however, we would definitely be willing to check it out next time around. Inside seating is roomy with comfy booths along the windows. Local art on the walls catch your eye especially as you walk in to the entrance. Ashtabula Harbor is portrayed in a most delightful way. You will spend some time admiring & recognizing areas in the harbor. There is also a large aquarium in the mid section of the restaurant that is most interesting and kept very clean. We were seated in no time and our waitress was very helpful. She offered several suggestions but was not pushy. I ordered the teriyaki salmon over a bed of wild rice with steamed fresh broccoli & carrots. The salmon was cooked to perfection basted with a slightly sweet teriyaki sauce, wild rice had good flavor & was moist. Veggies tasted very fresh. My husband had the panko breaded perch. A generous helping served with fries, tartar sauce and creamy cole slaw. He told me and the waitress that it was the best perch he's ever had. I tasted them. I've fished Lake Erie, caught, cleaned & ate fresh perch. I have to agree, these were excellent. We're looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining at the original Lou's and it was very good. The "new Lou's" is different but still good for the casual restaurant it is. It seems to be broken in 2 areas; a more family/older area and a lively bar younger area which both offer dining. We were seated in the "older" area on a Friday night and there was live music of the classics. 3 of the 4 of us had the fried perch dinner and they all raved about it and said it was very good. I had the fish tacos and they were very good as well. It is more casual food and it does resemble an Applebee's type menu as has been reported but that is ok. With the addition of the local perch I think it localizes it.Too bad there is no view even though it is a stone's throw from the water. We will go back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stopped here with family on a trip to the area. The food was pretty good but the menu was pretty limited, nothing specail to speak of. Reminded us of an Applebee's type menu.